Wavin from TX

You're getting a lot of good feedback here. Definitely don't jump the gun. Wait for exactly what you're looking for. From what I've read, you coming from an Excursion, you definitely would be shocked with a 2-door. So stick in the JKU searchings, if space is important to you. You won't be disappointed in a 4 door Wrangler!

Kyle7R

You're getting a lot of good feedback here. Definitely don't jump the gun. Wait for exactly what you're looking for. From what I've read, you coming from an Excursion, you definitely would be shocked with a 2-door. So stick in the JKU searchings, if space is important to you. You won't be disappointed in a 4 door Wrangler!
Nevermind, on second thought...fuck that, buy my pristine 2door so I can get a JKU :THUMB:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

zachsch

Agree with the 4 door. Even from an offroading perspective the longer wheelbase takes the cake over the better tighter turning radius and better break over angle of the 2 door. Plus I like the look way better 👍

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

bear996

Gonna pick the brain trust a bit more. Found some nice low mileage stock JKUR's and have decided that's the route we're taking. Now are far as lifts go, what's the best lift out there? Reading through the FAQ for JK, if I want to run 37's eventually I'll need a 4.5" lift. I'd likely have a shop do it as well since this will be my first rodeo with lifting a vehicle.

Kyle7R

Gonna pick the brain trust a bit more. Found some nice low mileage stock JKUR's and have decided that's the route we're taking. Now are far as lifts go, what's the best lift out there? Reading through the FAQ for JK, if I want to run 37's eventually I'll need a 4.5" lift. I'd likely have a shop do it as well since this will be my first rodeo with lifting a vehicle.
The consensus here is going to be EVO, regardless of how big you want to go. And there's good reason for it, I've driven my rig with and without EVO springs

Plus having ridden in plenty of these guys and other JKUs, there's a definite difference with the ride quality. All the way from a basic leveling kit, to the enforcer lifts and their coilovers.

bear996

17155325_1609234229103946_3479610723586551416_n.jpg

Just wanted to update. We came home with this 2014 Rubicon X with 17,xxx miles on it. We weren't going to buy, but as we were leaving the sales manager stopped us. I figured great, here we go. Sticker was $29,897. He showed us a piece of paper for $25,999, and they beat our credit union financing by quite a bit. Walked out extremely happy. It's a 2 door, and after looking at both 2 and 4 doors we determined 2 would be plenty for us. Got a list of upgrades going, first will be a lift swap for a quality lift and shocks. Looking forward to tinkering and getting her set up the way I want, but I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for ya'lls help and information.

Napalm

View attachment 247295

Just wanted to update. We came home with this 2014 Rubicon X with 17,xxx miles on it. We weren't going to buy, but as we were leaving the sales manager stopped us. I figured great, here we go. Sticker was $29,897. He showed us a piece of paper for $25,999, and they beat our credit union financing by quite a bit. Walked out extremely happy. It's a 2 door, and after looking at both 2 and 4 doors we determined 2 would be plenty for us. Got a list of upgrades going, first will be a lift swap for a quality lift and shocks. Looking forward to tinkering and getting her set up the way I want, but I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for ya'lls help and information.

Nice rig! Hope to wheel with you someday!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

View attachment 247295

Shiiiiit, I woulda did you mine for 22! :wink:

Congrats on the purchase, welcome to the club!

Nice rig! Hope to wheel with you someday!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Pft, you...wheel? :cheesy:

I wonder if we could cram in a day trip before we move...hmmm.

Amrth

Been a lurker here for a while, and watched just about every video I could on YT. Not a Jeep owner yet but we're in the hunt. Should be purchasing November or December so I'm researching everything I can to get ready. We're looking at 2013-2015 JKU Rubicons and I'm a bit torn between buying one with a lift and after market items or just buying one stock and upgrading as I go. My concern is the time it would take to upgrade as I go instead of buying one modded already and being able to wheel some. Buying used I'd make sure the lift and such was done with quality parts as best I could, but that'd be a risk. Kind of rolling the dice as far as good or bad. Eventually we'd replace lifts and such as needed anyway. We won't be doing any crazy wheeling or crawling like you boys do to the west of us, we'll be taking it on trails and it'll be a daily driver. In the years to come I plan on putting at least 37's on it with a solid lift and suspension and start upgrading a bit over time to make the rig Moab worthy, but that's gonna be bit by bit as overtime allows. First obstacle is getting the Jeep intermediate trail ready and getting her paid off. So, glad to be here and enjoyed reading so far, looking forward to learning all I can and checking out the awesome trips ya'll are taking until I can join in on the action later this year.

Hope you get a nice Jeep soon! Welcome Aboard :beer:

Top Bottom