Wear your PPE kids!

jesse3638

Hooked
Installing my lift I had it happen a couple times. The first time I had lifted my safety glasses. As I grabbed the frame to move I knocked a bunch of filings off I didn't know we're there. The second time I had them on and I'm not sure how a piece for into it. Both times I closed my eye and tried not to look around. I went into the bathroom and used a moistened q-tip to gently lift it off my eye. I was lucky for sure. Also I learned the hard way as a kid blowing saw dust off of a project to always close my eyes when doing that...haha. Glad everything turned out OK.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Man that sucks! Been in that position before with a scratched on my eye from dirt. Had to sit with a suction cup pumping saline into it for a half hour

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I've been lucky with my eyes, so far.

Since I wear glasses anyway, and I need safety glasses at work, I wear safety glasses all the time, and they have saved me many times.

Other parts of me have not been as lucky.

I once had a ball of slag from cutting under an old truck land in my ear.
I ran in to the bathroom to run water, and in the mirror, I literally saw smoke coming out of my ear.

I got the fire out, but could not retrieve the slag. It quit hurting, so I left it, but at a later trip to the doctor, he found an "obstruction" in my ear.

After trying to rinse it, then swab it, he went in with a tiny ste of needle nose pliers. It damn near hurt as bad coming out as it did burning it's way in.

PPE would have helped there too.

Yeah that one hurts bad. I remember the crackling sound of my ear wax boiling when I had this happen. I now wear ear plugs and a welding cap when laying under a weld or using a torch.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I've been lucky with my eyes, so far.

Since I wear glasses anyway, and I need safety glasses at work, I wear safety glasses all the time, and they have saved me many times.

Other parts of me have not been as lucky.

I once had a ball of slag from cutting under an old truck land in my ear.
I ran in to the bathroom to run water, and in the mirror, I literally saw smoke coming out of my ear.

I got the fire out, but could not retrieve the slag. It quit hurting, so I left it, but at a later trip to the doctor, he found an "obstruction" in my ear.

After trying to rinse it, then swab it, he went in with a tiny ste of needle nose pliers. It damn near hurt as bad coming out as it did burning it's way in.

PPE would have helped there too.

That sounds freakin terrible. That shit don’t quit burning.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Oh man not fun glad your ok man! Yeah my father n law never wears safety glasses and I tell him over and over it okay takes one time. I got a wood splinter in my eye one time and made a dr appointment but right before I had to go the thing made it’s way out of my eye on my own aha.

Top Bottom