Weird Hum when accelerating. Anyone have experience with this?

H20JNKY

Honestly, being that you were running for as long as you had without any fluid in the diff, I would replace the pinion and carrier bearings just to be safe. You'd get all that with an overhaul kit.

Ok, any recommendations? I'm running the stock gears which are 4.10. Buy through Jeep or after market?

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Sorry to say it but it sounds like it's coming from your gears. More than likely, you have something like a pinion bearing that's going out but really, that's just a best guess.
This^^^^^^

I've had a pinion bearing go out before and judging by what you said I think Eddie has it exactly right. And yes you need to replace both pinion and carrier bearings because you don't want to have to tear it apart twice. as for the right side of the Jeep with your rear rotor... Could be just something as simple as a warped rotor that needs trued up or could have a bent axle if you broke the other side.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
If you're unsure of how to make the repairs...make sure you take it to a reputable dealer or shop that won't screw you over or try to sell you more than you need.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear that your rear axle is acting up. I'm about ready to throw my Rubi D44 to the curb. The problem is I'm not sure what to replace it with. I don't want to spend the money on a full float D60 and I'm not sure that buying a Dynatrac Trail 60 is all that much stronger than what I have. I already replaced the axle shafts with Ten Factory shafts. During a recent wheeling trip, the driver side starts leaking again. I was worried about getting through the rest of the trail but luckily it was a fairly slow leak. Anyways, good luck with yours. I'm curious to see what you end up doing. I don't want to throw more cash at the D44 but not sure what I'm going to do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom