Welding Question?

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Calcium in the milk will supposedly help prevent the body's absorption of the Zinc. That's in theory but I don't believe it.

Yeah, I read a thing that says Calcium helps rid the body of Zinc. Thats why milk helps during and after welding Zinc coated metals. Good to know for those who didnt.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

cuongdyna

nice work buddy! rig is looking good!:thumb:

Thanks Matt

Yeah, I read a thing that says Calcium helps rid the body of Zinc. Thats why milk helps during and after welding Zinc coated metals. Good to know for those who didnt.

Paratroopers Stay Up Longer!

I took off the zinc with a sander.

Nicely done!

Thanks

did it make the sliders stick out too much? any issues with the bottom bolts?

No, issue with the slider stick out further. The nut is only 1/8 thick. I had this slider on my 08 JKUR and never had an issue with the bottom bolt.

Rebel JK

Well finally finish welding the weld nut. My welding job came out ok but felt good that I did it on my own.

View attachment 27696

View attachment 27697

View attachment 27698

View attachment 27699

Looks great! I like it,The weld looks pretty darn good. When I finish building my rails I think Ill be going this route. I may shim with 1/8" flat stock between nutserts on mine so I get complete baseplate to frame contact as I'm not using the existing bottom of frame holes.
Great idea!

cuongdyna

Looks great! I like it,The weld looks pretty darn good. When I finish building my rails I think Ill be going this route. I may shim with 1/8" flat stock between nutserts on mine so I get complete baseplate to frame contact as I'm not using the existing bottom of frame holes.
Great idea!

Thanks Wes.

rcdude3

Huh...I welded my TF long arm kit on and didn't do anything with the battery and the JK has been fine. I did this 2 months and about 2500 miles ago and no problems.

Atch

I work for John Deere, anytime they do a repair weld on a machine they ground near where they are welding AND disconnect the battery. This is the approach I take when anything is welded on my jeep and I recommend this for anyone welding on theirs. Like stated above, better safe than sorry.

Top Bottom