What are you paying for Powder Coating?

Ddays

Hooked
I paid $400 to have my EVO carrier powder coated red to match the Jeep color and after 4 years its a little faded whereas the rest of my paint is not. To make it worse, the Jeep is garaged so it kinda pisses me off. The PC is starting to come off on the sharp edges and on the ends of the tubing as well. IDK, I think I would have been better off painting it with rattle cans from an auto body supply store mixed to match the factory paint. I'm probably gonna refinish it myself this time doing exactly that.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I think I paid about $300 to have our PS front bumper double powder coated. So far, it’s held up great.

I don’t think the price you have been quoted is excessive. But, with sliders, I’d want to make sure you could color match and fill scratches with a rattle can.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I paid 220 for the front evo pro series powder coated. I rattle canned the PS rock skins and wish I had powdercoated . Already coming off from just getting in and out of the car and not easy to get off to respray

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thanks guys. Think I’m gonna ask for a new estimate with black satin texture instead of card black like he wanted to use. I’m sure it’ll be more expensive but if he’s gotta order the stuff anyway, might as well order what I think would look better. But in reality, I have no idea what it’ll look like. lol. I’ve never had anything coated before. We’ll see.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys. Think I’m gonna ask for a new estimate with black satin texture instead of card black like he wanted to use. I’m sure it’ll be more expensive but if he’s gotta order the stuff anyway, might as well order what I think would look better. But in reality, I have no idea what it’ll look like. lol. I’ve never had anything coated before. We’ll see.

When I’ve had stuff powder coated, the price has been significantly cheaper if I go with a color the guy already has in stock. Semigloss back for example, but sometimes other colors depending on what he has going for other customers. When I asked about custom colors that would need to be special ordered, typically the cost was 50-100% higher.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spazbyt

Hooked
Ask if they can get you a rattle can of color match. Not every color has a rattle can match but it makes touch ups look better then just rustoleum gloss or flat black. Also you can color match plastic parts and stuff you cant powder coat with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom