What did you break today?

TRLJNKY

Let my buddy jeep stack on my tire also and broke my passenger side front hub bearing. But looking at how tore up the bearing where I'm guessing it was on its way out and this was just the straw that broke the camels back. Thanks to Eddies write up it was alot easier fix then I expected.

Good lord Id say that bearing has seen better days. Prob a good thing your buddy finished it off instead of the highway

jkbarnett

I've been listening to my airbag warning beep for the last week. Finally got to a dealership near Portland. They say driver airbag had an open circuit. It will be a fun day in the motorhome waiting for it.

Fires JK

I went to dealership yesterday with check engine light on, while on vacation in. Has code for misfire in cylinder 6. Haven't noticed any difference in it driving but they cleared the code and we're back on the road now in Flagstaff headed to Sedona today.

Friend of mine bought a new 2016 and his did the same thing

Fires JK

Thought my Stabilizer shock was bent but actually it was crushed in a few spots due to improper location last time it was in the shop. I need an idea for a bracket to relocate the shock so it wont hit again.

Hammmerhead

Let my buddy jeep stack on my tire also and broke my passenger side front hub bearing. But looking at how tore up the bearing where I'm guessing it was on its way out and this was just the straw that broke the camels back. Thanks to Eddies write up it was alot easier fix then I expected.

I have always wondered how much balljoints like the stacking as well.

brooklyn4x4

cav♤fighter;749119 said:
Good lord Id say that bearing has seen better days. Prob a good thing your buddy finished it off instead of the highway

Well I was on a camping trip about 100 miles from home and drove it home with it screeching and popping the whole way but since it wasn't a wheeling trip we didn't bring any tools. It got me home and I swapped it out the next morning so it all worked out.

I have always wondered how much balljoints like the stacking as well.

Probably not that much but I have the synergy balljoints so I trust them a little more then stock. I checked them out after as well and everything seemed fine.

Last edited:

jkbarnett

I've been listening to my airbag warning beep for the last week. Finally got to a dealership near Portland. They say driver airbag had an open circuit. It will be a fun day in the motorhome waiting for it.

Replaced the clock spring

I asked if there were any recalls ? Not for my year.
Glad warranty coveted it.

Hesco22

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470787729.257195.jpg The driver side axle shaft u joint exploded and destroyed the lower ball joint along with the outer stub shaft. Oh and did I mention it bent the C on the axle lol, did I win?

Hesco22

I was winching myself out of a ditch and I didn't get my anchor point high enough, as soon as I gave it a little gas the front end sunk and BANG lol.

Top Bottom