What do i do?!

ichthus

Well, those MIGHT give you some lift, but they are going to be the same quality as the parts currently on your Jeep. The shocks very well may be the exact same, though both might be specifically tuned for the extra weight of the JKU. You really would be best looking for the JKU take-off parts.

I paid $120 for shocks/springs/links off a Rubi that was driven straight from dealer to 4WheelParts & modded. Well worth it for me. While you can do the swap with a buddy so long as you have a floor jack, jack stands and good wrenches & sockets, you'll need to budget $80 or so for an alignment from a shop that's worked on lifted 4x4's. Also, I'd recommend trying EBay for a JKS adjustable track bar and improved steering stabilizers. Combined, this will be another $200 & would be best done before winter (if you live in cold weather state)

JKLandon

Well, those MIGHT give you some lift, but they are going to be the same quality as the parts currently on your Jeep. The shocks very well may be the exact same, though both might be specifically tuned for the extra weight of the JKU. You really would be best looking for the JKU take-off parts.

I paid $120 for shocks/springs/links off a Rubi that was driven straight from dealer to 4WheelParts & modded. Well worth it for me. While you can do the swap with a buddy so long as you have a floor jack, jack stands and good wrenches & sockets, you'll need to budget $80 or so for an alignment from a shop that's worked on lifted 4x4's. Also, I'd recommend trying EBay for a JKS adjustable track bar and improved steering stabilizers. Combined, this will be another $200 & would be best done before winter (if you live in cold weather state)

well i live in arizona so that wont be a problem! so id probably should go with a 2" EMU kit and get it all done for just around 700$ and everything will be brand new and i will probably save money in the long run.

ichthus

Eh, I don't think the EMU kit includes the track bar or steering stabilizer, which I've had to install on both of my lifted Jeeps. Those are things that helped cure death wobble for me, which was always worse in the cold.

The alignment will be needed regardless of the lift kit. Skip it and u might see some interesting tire wear

EMU is a good lift... Do it if u like it.

Top Bottom