What do you drive other than your Jeep?

WJCO

Meme King
The Jeep is my daily driver and off roader. Until tomorrow when this gets delivered to my fire house. It's a surplus 2.5 ton army truck that we rebuilt with a roll cage and a pump to fire brush fires with.

That would be a great vehicle for someone with road rage.

kyle521

I have experience with both. The 6.7 Ford isn't doing too bad as far as issues, but it's also a newer motor on the market. I would not recommend a Ford 6.0 or 6.4L at all. As far as the Cummins, they're great motors. We don't see a lot of issues with them. Another option is to find an old Ford 7.3L, those things are great motors and trucks hold their value.

My buddy has a 2015 6.7 platinum which is beautiful and very quick. Im not afraid of an 05-07 6.0 as I can get it bullet proofed to take care of its issues. I dont want an old 7.3, mostly due to the fact that its old technology (front leaf springs, old interior), I want something as new or newer than the jeep (2007). Ive heard some issues with the the turbos on the early ford 6.7s but that can be fixed. It will come down to my budget and a few test drives when the time comes

Azzi

2000 F250 Lariat on 37 Toyo's ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456245441.491143.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456245538.037532.jpg
Living in Florida I can ride almost all year round so this gets a lot of time too, 1998 GSXR 750

WJCO

Meme King
My buddy has a 2015 6.7 platinum which is beautiful and very quick. Im not afraid of an 05-07 6.0 as I can get it bullet proofed to take care of its issues. I dont want an old 7.3, mostly due to the fact that its old technology (front leaf springs, old interior), I want something as new or newer than the jeep (2007). Ive heard some issues with the the turbos on the early ford 6.7s but that can be fixed. It will come down to my budget and a few test drives when the time comes

I wouldn't touch a 6.0L myself. I worked for Ford from 03 to 07 and still continue to work with extended warranty claims on them. What really sucks is without a warranty, they are so expensive to have fixed and very time-consuming if you do the work yourself. Good luck either way.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't touch a 6.0L myself.

Never knew a 6.0 that hasnt had major issues. Never knew an auto behind a cummins that hadnt been rebuilt. LOL.

I had a 5.9 cummins that was pushing about 600 horses and 1000 torque. It was a beast. We just deleted and put a small tune on a buddies 2011 Duramax, that woke that truck up and jumped the MPGs significantlly. I want a duramax now. LOL. His old dodge was sold to a buddy and it has over 300k miles on it with no major issues.

Long Haul

I ended up in a 6.2L gasser instead of the 6.7L...

All that emmission crap scared me, bet it isn't cheap to fix that stuff either if something goes wrong..

For what little towing I do the 6.2 does a fine job..

Azzi

I'll keep my 7.3.......
Old technology is in every muscle car but not many people would turn down a pre '74 muscle car!?!?

In saying that I do understand what you're saying about the dated interior and leaf spring front end.

el_chupo_

Right now my DD is my wifes old car, a 09 MCS.
a43e4051.jpg

The wifes usual ride, though I am driving it quite a bit since she is not able to drive due to medical stuff:

Wheels are the same, but had them refinished in a dark metallic gray with metal flakes

135i-01.jpg

Spent a couple of times at the local track in the bimmer, and picked up the track car. Its a little lower, stiffer, stickier, and faster than stock, with a few mods in the garage to go in as well. And more importantly, it costs about the same as I spent on the last brake job and set of tires that went on the BMW...

952C920F-A700-49A8-907D-4AFFD0E1156B_zpsf3qgtbvm.jpg

21F787CF-BFC8-41A5-A5EB-2E691E37B501_zpsma8y4cjl.jpg

A couple bikes hanging out in the garage as well. I like things with motors and wheels. I have a problem...

Top Bottom