What drag link flip kit?

Frydaddy

The Synergy kit looks real good. My Currie Steering came in today from Brown Santa
I do have a 7/8 Irwin step bit in my tool box at work, to you think It would be a suitable bit to drill my right knuckle? The Currie Instructions call
for a 7/8 hole. I bought this bit 10 years ago to drill holes in Mercedes Trunk Lids to install Satellite Radio. I never thought to try to drill something
thick like a Steering Knuckle.
PHX

Yea, your step bit will work fine. Its a thick chunk of metal, but its iron, real soft metal to drill through. I used a stock right-hand-drive drag link (52126058AD) but ran into a small problem with the synergy adapter.

See, the stock nut is almost too narrow for the new 7/8" hole. I recommend drilling ALMOST the whole way through. Measure the adapter and drill just a little bit further. This leaves a shelf for the nut to grab on to. If this doesnt work, you will need a washer to keep the small nut from drawing into the hole, and there's barely enough bolt to grab onto at that point too.

J

JKDream

Why does the EVO drag link flip relocate the sway bar links and the JKS don't? Benefits?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Because the designs of the bracket are different. The JKS mount doesn't block the swaybar from being undone whereas the EVO mount does. Both are adequate, and should be welded instead of bolted on anyhow.

F

Fionayeti

I'm a big fan of JKS and had their flip kit which I ran for a year. No real issues. Easy install. I then installed the Synergy drag link flip kit and tie rod after driving my friend's jeep. The synergy setup is much beefier and the steering feel is way tighter. So far so good. While I was at it I installed the sector shaft and track bar bracket. The whole front end is pretty solid.

I put on the EVO drag link flip kit while I was installing the 4" enforcer and it probably took no more than 25-30 minutes to install. It will probably take a little longer if you don't have a car lift or don't already have your suspension all torn out haha

Top Bottom