What gears with 37's

Well I listened to all of you and just dropped the jeep off at the shop to have 5.13's installed and then getting the 37's on Saturday. Thanks to everyone for the help

Veetz

And I like...5:38's with 37's with rock crawling in mind.....I run 4:56 with 35's and it's a strong crawl....but I don't drive it to work everyday either

Participate in life

Im getting around 15 mpg driving around town I live in thr mountains so not on flat ground much. Here are some pics with the 37's. Which one do you all like better soft or hard top?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1381714237443.jpg
    1381714237443.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 1381714256407.jpg
    1381714256407.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 138

Bonehead

Well, then that answers your question;) .......... It don't matter what we think , only what you do:thumb:

I do have to say , I like the painted flat/cut fenders...... a lot

Well, then that answers your question;) .......... It don't matter what we think , only what you do:thumb:

I do have to say , I like the painted flat/cut fenders...... a lot

Thanks I was kinda nervous to cut them up but it worked out a lot better then I thought it was gonna

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I got the jeep about 5 months ago and thought I had 4.10's the whole time then read something that said if not specified on window sticker you have 3.73's and dealer said I had 4.10's so they lied to me. But I will be going to 5.13's when I get the 37's in 2 weeks. Im running the rubicon the 5th and 6th with 35's then will regear and go to 37's then running the rubicon again the 19th and 20th so ill see the difference

I'm in the same boat you were with the stock gears. What's your impression so far with the 5.13's? I'm sure it was an improvement but does it feel like too big a trade off when you're on a highway?

I'm in the same boat you were with the stock gears. What's your impression so far with the 5.13's? I'm sure it was an improvement but does it feel like too big a trade off when you're on a highway?

With the 35's it was a little to low geared for my liking but with the 37's its perfect... I dont drive on freeways ever but I did the other day and at 75 mph I was running right at 3k rpm

Its actually a huge difference but in a good way I would do it again in a heart beat

paleh0rse

Getting my 37s put on my 2013 JKUR today. They're fairly lightweight BFG AT KO's, so I'm going to try them on my 4.10 gears (manual) for a bit before choosing new gears.

I'm thinking 4.88s with my setup... thoughts?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I think you'll find it a bit under powered with the 4.10s. I rolled on my 37s with 4.10s (manual also) and it was very sluggish. I ended up going with 5.13s and am very satisfied.

If you intend to ever do any towing 5.13s will be better than 4.88s.

I average about 13 mpg in town and on highway.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

paleh0rse

I think you'll find it a bit under powered with the 4.10s. I rolled on my 37s with 4.10s (manual also) and it was very sluggish. I ended up going with 5.13s and am very satisfied.

If you intend to ever do any towing 5.13s will be better than 4.88s.

I average about 13 mpg in town and on highway.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺
No towing planned, and my wheeling is all east coast trails (along with being my DD in DC traffic)... do you think 5.13s would still be the better choice?

Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom