What is best lift kit for daily driver with 35s and will take the rocks once a month?

jasonswenk

So I know people will have a lot of thoughts on this, but I am trying to decide what lift to put on the JK. I have had a JK in the past and put Rough Country with 35s. Big mistake.

I want to do it right this time where driving down the interstate is nice as well as going Offroad.

What do you suggest? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I've ran 35s on an EVO Leveling kit twice and it's been great both times. Some don't prefer to run this large of tire on a level because there's not much room but it is doable with a flat fenders and looks great in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

I've ran 35s on an EVO Leveling kit twice and it's been great both times. Some don't prefer to run this large of tire on a level because there's not much room but it is doable with a flat fenders and looks great in my opinion.

Along with what Napalm has already said, the EVO level is a good way to go. Somewhat inexpensive for what you get too.

Are you a 2 door or 4 door?

For reference, here's the EVO level and some 2" spacers for the rear on a 2 door.

20170129_121659.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Along with what Napalm has already said, the EVO level is a good way to go. Somewhat inexpensive for what you get too.

Are you a 2 door or 4 door?

For reference, here's the EVO level and some 2" spacers for the rear on a 2 door.

View attachment 247302

Not sure what makes that picture...the Jeep, the dog, the wifey with the dog, or the beautiful TX gulf waters :) You're gonna miss this shit!

benatc1

Hooked
I have no experience with the leveling kit but have read a ton of great things, depending on your budget you may want to look at the 3" evo enforcer as it will give you a full suspension kit and give you the room to upgrade to larger tires down the road if you so choose. Lots of options and the 3" may be more than your looking for but it's a quality kit. Some guys seem to like the JKS stuff to but I have zero experience there. Personally I run the 4in enforcer with rancho 9ks on my dd and I really like the ride quality. I guess a lot depends on how much you want to spend though

Otter421

I went with a skyjacker lift (3") and pro comp 9000 shocks with 35s.and i am more than happy ride is smooth and has performed well off road...all for a reason cost

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 20170306_135128.jpg
    20170306_135128.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 500

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I went with a skyjacker lift (3") and pro comp 9000 shocks with 35s.and i am more than happy ride is smooth and has performed well off road...all for a reason cost

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

lol skyjacker and smooth are. Or two words that should ever be used in the same sentence. That being said ride is 100% subjective so I'm glad you think it's smooth :crazyeyes:

Kyle7R

Thanks. I want to make sure I have good travel when I go Offroad and worry about leveling kit. Should I not be?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
There are tons of guys here with this kit and 35's who have wheeled their rigs. There's plenty of travel, especially with cut or flat fenders.

Also, you can add to it as you go, extended/braided brake lines are on my list, as that's the only thing I'm currently in danger of maxing out.

It's also subjective to what your budget is, a 3" or 4" Enforcer is another great kit that can run 35's as well.

Kyle7R

Not sure what makes that picture...the Jeep, the dog, the wifey with the dog, or the beautiful TX gulf waters :) You're gonna miss this shit!
That's why I love that picture, everything I need in one shot [emoji41]

I'm going to miss being that close to the beach, but I'm sure I'll find somewhere else to cruise, lol.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Why not consider the new 2-inch Rancho with Progressive Springs you can fit through 33 inch tires on that and with minor trimming put 35 inch tires on there it would also be a low center of gravity

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
To add can get discounts on certain web sites as well as a Rancho rebate they're offering right now so it makes it even cheaper it affordable

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Think you will go bigger? If not I would look at something like the EVO Enforcer kit in 3 inch if your a light rig or 4 inch if your heavy and/or plan on 37s someday.

A leveling kit would still be a good option. I'm just thinking if you aren't going any bigger I would try to do one lift kit and leave it. For me that would mean going with the EVO 3 inch kit if I were staying with 35s. Then maybe flat fenders.

Kyle7R

Rig is sweet Kyle. What brand rear spacers are you running?
Thanks! Finally got it where I want it, just in time to probably trade it in and starting over...

They're some spacers off Amazon, just generic brand for like 30 bucks. I can send you the link if you want.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
if your a light rig

That's an interesting comment. Piqued my interest. What do folks define as a 'light' rig? Right now I'm definitely light. Stock Rubicon around 4,500 lbs plus a bit of armor and small accessories. I think Eddie commented his was around 9K once. He'll define the 'heavy' end :).

Thoughts?

Top Bottom