What is it.

Did anybody figure out a trick to make the pump silent, or just got used to it?

I used a inexpensive ORFab kit to relocate the pump under the hood an I too hear an annoying sound when idling. I imagine that's when the vacuum is at its lowest and it makes that sound but I had no clue that pump made any sound at all lol.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Did anybody figure out a trick to make the pump silent, or just got used to it?

I used a inexpensive ORFab kit to relocate the pump under the hood an I too hear an annoying sound when idling. I imagine that's when the vacuum is at its lowest and it makes that sound but I had no clue that pump made any sound at all lol.

I never hear it. Didn't even know it made noise. :idon'tknow:

I never hear it. Didn't even know it made noise. :idon'tknow:

Haha me neither, until I decided to relocate it... Is yours under the hood or still on the front bumper?

I moved mine from under the hood to outside. The noise bugged me also

I don't know if it's the pump itself or just the vibration that's now intensified from being attached to the side of the engine compartment with that bracket. I'm gonna have to figure something out cause its driving me nuts!

Haha me neither, until I decided to relocate it... Is yours under the hood or still on the front bumper?

I don't know if it's the pump itself or just the vibration that's now intensified from being attached to the side of the engine compartment with that bracket. I'm gonna have to figure something out cause its driving me nuts!

I'd have to agree with Adam.......I've never heard any noise coming from that pump and wouldn't even know it was there or what it was for had it never came up on here.......I imagine the engine is louder than the pump otherwise the noise would've caught my attention.......if you hear the pump over the engine idle then maybe there's something wrong or your hearing is over sensitive.......or maybe I'm just deaf which is a good possibility........what?

~Woodrow~

Mine is under the hood.

I'd have to agree with Adam.......I've never heard any noise coming from that pump and wouldn't even know it was there or what it was for had it never came up on here.......I imagine the engine is louder than the pump otherwise the noise would've caught my attention.......if you hear the pump over the engine idle then maybe there's something wrong or your hearing is over sensitive.......or maybe I'm just deaf which is a good possibility........what?

~Woodrow~

I had never heard it before either, but yeah when idling it's loud enough to hear over the engine. Didn't know it made any sound when it was under the bumper, and I haven't dropped it or anything, just relocated it lol.

It's funny cause you only hear it at idle, but when the engine revs up, vacuum pressure stabilizes and it shuts up.

I had no choice but to move it away cause of the winch plate I used. Here's what it looks like now, too bad you can't hear it... :banghead:

1402540450951.jpg

Well guys, I think I figured it out! I was trying to think about what could be different with Jeeps that didn't have this issue vs. others and the only thing I could come up with was Winter!!!

Before relocating the pump under the hood, I had to take a steel brush to it to get rid of the calcium built up on it form only a single Winter season of driving on salt roads! After the clean up, I painted the pump and just bolted it to the bracket, but little did I know that the inside of the pump was just as bad! Today I took the pump off the bracket and took it all apart. I then noticed a calcium build inside of it too! I used a very fine sand paper and a bit of electrical contact cleaner/lubricant and voilà! The pump is as good as new, and more importantly QUIET!

1402808517390.jpg
1402808546910.jpg

Top Bottom