What is required to make a ENJOYABLE trip down the rubicon?

Benito

Caught the Bug
Also Ive been reading about the evap canister being vunerable. do i need a skid for this?

I don't think you need a skid, as it already has one, but there is a mod to move it more towards the outside of the vehicle. I don't think the issue is the canister getting damaged but at flex your drive shaft will come into contact with skid and the skid will rip the drive shaft boot, ask me how I know. So I would say just shift the skid/canister away from the drive shaft.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
here's the tranny skid on EVO's website. I have this along with the oil pan & EVAP skids on my workbench. Not sure you really need the TC skid....

http://www.evomfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_36_37&product_id=202

So you didn't get the transmission skid bar I see. I already dented the passenger side that it rubbed until I put washers under it to stop the rubbing so I am probably going to get the whole protect skid system that is $399. I did the pumpkin skids when I had a TJ, do you guys suggest to bother with those again? I was just wondering if they mattered or should I get the poison spider covers.

Top Bottom