what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thats not a bad lookin setup

Looks like its squattin a bit more than with the rpod .. hope the milage dosent suffer to much with the added weight clay ..

Not to bad .. seen a few of these kinda like the fold out sleeper on em ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

It may be. It's 100 lbs heavier at the hitch, but it also sits taller, because it has more ground clearance. I think I needed to tighten the load levelers another chain link. You can pick the rear wheels off of the ground with those. My dad did it once, when he bought his first travel trailer.

It only weighs 732 lbs more, so I wouldn't expect mileage to be much worse. Over 65 mph is where the mileage really drops off. It pulls better than the r-pod. I don't have anti-sway on it yet, but it didn't sway nearly as bad.

IMG_0117.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

mule

IMG_0034.jpg

Got this home on Friday. Rustic Trail Teardrop Camper, dry weight is 900 pounds. The Jeep pulled it without a problem, forgot it was there a couple times over the 3 hour drive home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mule

Yes, front rack, will fit 2 tubs and a igloo cooler. I have the set up for roof racks, to carry a canoe.

Took it out this weekend and it was great. There is definitely a learning curve, on where to stow things. And how to pack so it will not shift during transport.

But I am very happy with the purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Just picked up my new to me 2013 Adventure Trailers Teardrop. 1300+ miles round trip to Lubbock,TX and back.
View attachment 275462
View attachment 275463
Just got home and here she is all tuckered out from the trip.
View attachment 275464

Not to bad looking ..am starting to lean pretty heavy towards a military trailer .. and doing a custom build on it.. has the ablitity to follow me for most things while allowing for the customized options

I hear you! There are a lot of options out there as far as trailers go. I've done a ton of reading on different types of trailers. This one has pretty much the same wheel track width as my jeep and should go pretty much anywhere I'm willing to pull it. Pulling it home in a pretty strong wind actually made my jeep drive better, if that makes any sense. I wasn't all over the road like I was driving to pick it up. Maybe I'm weird lol.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Yea alot of the teardrops i see are pretty nice bit im a tent kinda guy so i know i wont be overly joyed sleeping in one .. so most likely a rtt on the trailer or stick with my ground gear while adding in water tank an some sort of galley system to the trailer itself ..

Nothing wrong with that! There's tons of info out there. Fun part is figuring it all out and building/buying what suits you. My teardrop has AC and a propex heater to please the wife. I'm sure I won't complain about it either lol. I'm definitely not going to complain if she's happy and continues to enjoy getting out into nature and taking our son out.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I hear ya there although not married have had a few gf's that wanted a more hotelish sort of camping thing .. not for me honestly dont care for ac and sure as heck dont want a microwave in it .. dont own one and almost never use the ac at home so no need for either in my camp setup

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Already took the surge brake off .. plan to swap the whole hub so lug pattern matches up (down the road a bit ) got a set of Rubi rims so gonna use those for it when I do

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a M116 that I'm working on and considering ditching the surge brakes just to save tongue weight. Do you know or can you estimate what the master cylinder assembly weighs?

Top Bottom