What kind of engine oil are you using?

jijk

Oil question

Would it hurt to switch from 5w20 to 5W30 on a 2010? Both of our other cars recommend 5w30. Would like to only by one weight.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Redline 5w30 every 5k miles with a stock filter. I know folks who use dinosaur 5w30 with no worries, but crikey it gets hot here in the dez at 1/2mph. I just like the extra insurance. It's been Redline in my cars and Harleys for years.:yup:

MurderedJK

Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic 5W-20

But just switched to Royal Purple 5W-20. Great deals on Amazon 12QTS plus 2 free Royal Purple oil filters!!

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Would it hurt to switch from 5w20 to 5W30 on a 2010? Both of our other cars recommend 5w30. Would like to only by one weight.

I switched to 5w-30 on my 2010 for same reason, our other car recommends 5w-30, that was about 30,000 miles ago and no issues

TJM12

I guess you could say I run 5w25 synthetic. 3qrts 5w30 and 3qrts 5w20. I figure this is a safe middle ground between the factory spec and the general consensus for better, smoother running engine. Can't really say that I notice a difference but it's fun to obsess over the smallest details. Lol.

cuongdyna

I use Mobile 1 syn with Wix oil filter. They have 5 quarts in a jag of Mobile 1 syn at Walmart for $23. You really can't beat the price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom