what kind of truck do jeep guys prefer

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'd just borrow somebody else's for the once or twice a year I actually ever need a truck.

safecracker909

I just turned over 500,000 miles on my 07 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the 6.7 Cummins motor. I love this truck and would purchase another if I needed to.

hudginsja

Like Overlander said. For a tow rig: any 7.3l Powerstroke. My 99 pulls 14k with ease. Of course it has a few upgrades as well!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I just turned over 500,000 miles on my 07 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with the 6.7 Cummins motor. I love this truck and would purchase another if I needed to.

Anything done to your 6.7? I had a 5.9 and been looking for another but can't find one I like with less than 250k plus miles on it. So I've been looking at newer ones which means the 6.7s. A friend has one that is bone stock and it drinks the fuel.

trailless

Caught the Bug
A tow rig: 7.3 excursion. I just love how big that thing is!

A offroad truck/DD: raptor

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

safecracker909

Anything done to your 6.7? I had a 5.9 and been looking for another but can't find one I like with less than 250k plus miles on it. So I've been looking at newer ones which means the 6.7s. A friend has one that is bone stock and it drinks the fuel.

I removed the smog equipment and running the Smarty tuner.

JKbrick

I drive around 35,000 miles a year in my work truck but do not haul real heavy loads of tow much anymore so I am waiting for the '16 Chevy Colorado with the 2.8 dura max ordering to open so I can go from 11mpg currently to approx 30mpg from what I can read

BigWillysStyle

Yea def not a speed demon, but 4.11s and the 6.0 you can really haul anything you need with a set of helper bags. Plus the AWD is unstoppable in winter.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Say what you will, I wouldn't mind having a 6.0 power stroke. I know they get a bad rep, but people will nearly give them away due to the problems they're known for. But if I could find one cheap, spend $6000-$8000 and bulletproof it, they're good running trucks. And they sound like an f18 taking off when they're straight piped :rock:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I had a 2014 2500 Ram Megacab Laramie diesel 4x4. Great truck all around. The Rams have really come a long ways from the past. With the new def I was getting very good fuel mileage even towing. Loved the truck but wanted to build my jeep even more. GL choosing

Top Bottom