What was done to your rig this week?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
http://outbackadventureproducts.com/shop/jk-trailgater/

I got mine at Rebel because their shipped price for the bamboo one was $299. I had the ebay table on my 2012 Sahara, but this is a much MUCH better unit. Food grade stainless steel construction, and doesn't make a peep when closed.

Looks great man. I keep kicking around the idea of getting a product like this. And I would use a LED strip like you mentioned for light. I used two small stips under my hood for the 'oh shit something broke' night scenarios and they provide more than enough light haha

It's been a while since I updated here but I've have been busy.

Week of May 5th I welded the EVO rear trackbar bracket on, and finally installed Rock-star skids to raise shock mounts. I now use all but 3/8" of the shock travel in the rear. Also added rear diff cover. I figured I'd paint the spider so it at least looks cool for a little bit. After some wheeling it will likely just end up black.

IMG_20140514_193047_419.jpg

Weekend of the May 10th I installed I buddy's (Dennis aka "Caveman") lift:
3" Evo Coils
MC Front Lower and Rear Upper arms.
Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks
Synergy rear roll center correction bracket (track bar)
MC adjustable front track-bar
SS flip kit
IMG_20140518_153843011_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140518_153901264_HDR.jpg

I know this isn't technically "my Jeep" but then neither is the other one I always take credit for :) (Actually my wife's) Caveman's Jeep rides AMAZING! I love the EVO coils paired with the Rancho Shocks. Best part is the shock firmness is adjustable so he can dial in whatever he wants.

Saturday the 24th I trussed the front axle, and installed the front diff cover. I know there is some debate on if this actually helps anything, but I had the metal and time. Plus if I screwed it up it would give me an excuse to get a PR44. I definitely wouldn't put a lot of money into this but since I had the metal there was very little expense. The wife and I also finally painted the rear carrier. (We found a silver that matches our Jeep very well in a rattle can so touch-ups will be easy.)

IMG_20140524_175016_448.jpg

No pictures of the carrier painted yet.

Monday (Memorial Day) we joined my buddy and some friends of his for some light wheeling (sort of a shake down for him and the new lift).

IMG_20140526_131539667_HDR.jpg

Here is a video that the trail lead made.

Caveman got hung up on a log and bent his tie rod pretty bad. So, two nights later I did a tape measure alignment to get him by until a new rod gets here. He had 1.5" of Toe in :eek:

We scratched up all the pretty paint I put on the previous two weeks so now I have some touch-up to do :crazyeyes:

Went wheeling again last weekend with some of the Muddy Buddys and had a great time.

Now it's time to get the Jeep cleaned up and ready for the Jeep Jamboree @ Drummond Island!

Simmons

Week of May 5th I welded the EVO rear trackbar bracket on, and finally installed Rock-star skids to raise shock mounts. I now use all but 3/8" of the shock travel in the rear. Also added rear diff cover. I figured I'd paint the spider so it at least looks cool for a little bit. After some wheeling it will likely just end up black.

Weekend of the May 10th I installed I buddy's (Dennis aka "Caveman") lift:
3" Evo Coils
MC Front Lower and Rear Upper arms.
Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks
Synergy rear roll center correction bracket (track bar)
MC adjustable front track-bar
SS flip kit

I know this isn't technically "my Jeep" but then neither is the other one I always take credit for :) (Actually my wife's) Caveman's Jeep rides AMAZING! I love the EVO coils paired with the Rancho Shocks. Best part is the shock firmness is adjustable so he can dial in whatever he wants.

Saturday the 24th I trussed the front axle, and installed the front diff cover. I know there is some debate on if this actually helps anything, but I had the metal and time. Plus if I screwed it up it would give me an excuse to get a PR44. I definitely wouldn't put a lot of money into this but since I had the metal there was very little expense. The wife and I also finally painted the rear carrier. (We found a silver that matches our Jeep very well in a rattle can so touch-ups will be easy.)

No pictures of the carrier painted yet.

Monday (Memorial Day) we joined my buddy and some friends of his for some light wheeling (sort of a shake down for him and the new lift).

Here is a video that the trail lead made.
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUWeXd_cUPI&feature=player_detailpage

Caveman got hung up on a log and bent his tie rod pretty bad. So, two nights later I did a tape measure alignment to get him by until a new rod gets here. He had 1.5" of Toe in :eek:

We scratched up all the pretty paint I put on the previous two weeks so now I have some touch-up to do :crazyeyes:

Went wheeling again last weekend with some of the Muddy Buddys and had a great time.

Now it's time to get the Jeep cleaned up and ready for the Jeep Jamboree @ Drummond Island!

That blue is sick man love it!!

BlackKnight

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1401996757.807085.jpg

My wayalife stickers came in. Also my "yours can go fast... But mine can go anywhere", came in. Now to wait for the rain to stop again.

Sent from my Apple personal messaging system using WAYALIFE mobile app

MNTN JK

Sold the hard top, the new Bestop is on.....I think it gives the jeep more of a sporty look......

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1401997913568.jpg
    1401997913568.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 396

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

IMG_20140524_175016_448.jpg

couple of questions, what brand of truss is that and how long did install take with removal of axle and welding and re-installation? looks good

couple of questions, what brand of truss is that and how long did install take with removal of axle and welding and re-installation? looks good

No Brand... (Homemade). Ends are 1/4" plate and the center section is 1/4" plate with a 1 1/8" 0.120 wall DOM tube top. The tube was welded to the plate before final fitting and being tacked on.

It was a long day. I have a 2-post lift so I can get the axle out/in in about 45 minutes easily, but when doing a truss it is extremely important to control heat so that the act of welding the truss on doesn't draw and bend the axle as the metal cools. This is also why I added the holes. It gives the metal a place to relieve some stress and stretch/shrink.

Doing a truss isn't a first time welding type of project. I have seen extremely good welders end up warping their project when they get in a rush and I have done it myself. I accepted the risk before I started. In the end it worked out well for me. Jury is out if I did any more than add weight to my axle. But hey it looks cool ;)

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
No Brand... (Homemade). Ends are 1/4" plate and the center section is 1/4" plate with a 1 1/8" 0.120 wall DOM tube top. The tube was welded to the plate before final fitting and being tacked on.

It was a long day. I have a 2-post lift so I can get the axle out/in in about 45 minutes easily, but when doing a truss it is extremely important to control heat so that the act of welding the truss on doesn't draw and bend the axle as the metal cools. This is also why I added the holes. It gives the metal a place to relieve some stress and stretch/shrink.

Doing a truss isn't a first time welding type of project. I have seen extremely good welders end up warping their project when they get in a rush and I have done it myself. I accepted the risk before I started. In the end it worked out well for me. Jury is out if I did any more than add weight to my axle. But hey it looks cool ;)

Impressive work nonetheless buddy! Looks good

Napalm

Sold the hard top, the new Bestop is on.....I think it gives the jeep more of a sporty look......

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Would love to sell my HT for a trek top.. The girlfriend might divorce me though, she loves the hardtop.

Top Bottom