What was done to your rig this week?

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Changed up the springs on my rear coilovers. Put on 250/300 and it lifted the jeep about an inch. Should settle down a bit after I add my high lift jack and recovery gear. IMG_7286.jpg IMG_7287.jpg

Can’t wait till I can test it out. No more bottoming out for any little reason.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

That's what the oil looked like coming out of my PR44 that I just serviced after 500 miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not using the oil Dynatrac recommends?

Sorry for the late response gentlemen. Great to here it’s normal and I checked with Dynatrac and they said Jim uses GL5 mineral based. I checked with Dynatrac first, The person I spoke to said that many folks swear by synthetics and switch after initial 500 mile breakin with no issues. Hope it all works out, so far so good, now at 2157 as of today. Next service will be at 5k.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sorry for the late response gentlemen. Great to here it’s normal and I checked with Dynatrac and they said Jim uses GL5 mineral based. I checked with Dynatrac first, The person I spoke to said that many folks swear by synthetics and switch after initial 500 mile breakin with no issues. Hope it all works out, so far so good, now at 2157 as of today. Next service will be at 5k.

I meant the 85-140 oil.

Omnifox

Changed out the diff oil. Finally finished breaking in the new 4.88s!

Still need to plumb up the compressor for the lockers, but otherwise we trail ready!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have several 5 gallon buckets of 75/90 and the information I had called for 85/90 and 85/140 in hot climates. I am in area that rarely gets over 90 in the summer months, so I thought I’d be ok. Perhaps I’m wrong.

You are probably fine. Everything I have read and heard was 85-140. No worries. Just curious.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Newest mod complete!

Yup. I’ve been quiet on here for a spell because I really didn’t have much going on with my Jeep. She ran, things were good, didnt really have much to report. Then I got the thirst back... I started out looking at 2015/16 hard rocks.... still WAY pricey for jeeps with 20 or 30K on them. Then I looked at some left over 2017s & 2018 JKs. But now your at 40 grand for a model that’s going away & frankly look their age for a new vehicle. Maybe I pour some money into my 2010 & make it more awesome!?!? But after searching for a hard top, lift, tires, etc I’d still have a 4 speed 3.8 with over 100,000 on the odometer. Seemed like there was only one option... I found a gorgeous redhead with the d44 rear end & the all terrain tires so I’m in good shape out of the gate!

Attachments

• 2B0455C5-7ACC-4D15-BDB9-A3682A1C6747.jpg
    2B0455C5-7ACC-4D15-BDB9-A3682A1C6747.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 0ECF5F37-F10F-4F24-A3AA-3CE0E77DE6B4.jpg
    0ECF5F37-F10F-4F24-A3AA-3CE0E77DE6B4.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 257

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Yup. I’ve been quiet on here for a spell because I really didn’t have much going on with my Jeep. She ran, things were good, didnt really have much to report. Then I got the thirst back... I started out looking at 2015/16 hard rocks.... still WAY pricey for jeeps with 20 or 30K on them. Then I looked at some left over 2017s & 2018 JKs. But now your at 40 grand for a model that’s going away & frankly look their age for a new vehicle. Maybe I pour some money into my 2010 & make it more awesome!?!? But after searching for a hard top, lift, tires, etc I’d still have a 4 speed 3.8 with over 100,000 on the odometer. Seemed like there was only one option... I found a gorgeous redhead with the d44 rear end & the all terrain tires so I’m in good shape out of the gate!

Congratulations! Looks beautiful in red!

Jsouder53

Hooked

Congrats! Looks awesome!! [emoji106]

CharlesC

Sweet!! Congratulations man[emoji482]

BaddestCross

Nice! Congrats on the new Jeep! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WJCO

Meme King

Congrats and glad to see you back. That's awesome!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Ah! Soooo jealous.

Top Bottom