What was done to your rig this week?

JKbrick

I'd let my 14 year old do it unsupervised. It was literally that easy. The only issue I had was that the instructions call for you to install the hinge bumpers before mounting the hinges to the body. If your kit included the new bicycle brake pad hinge bumper.. Skip it and install them when everything is done. You won't be able to reach the outermost torx screw if you install them as per the instructions. Also get the extended torx bit. Maybe I got lucky but by being able to have those outer screws on the hinge tightened, all I had to do was open the tailgate, tighten the inner torx screws on the hinges and it lined right up.

I also used a little fluid film to press the bushings into the carrier side hinge. Made them go in nice and easy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice, thank you, did you paint behind the hinges?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Bear_JT

Hooked
Those are nice, it could be camera angle but they look like they could be a little longer

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Your right it’s not the camera angle, they are at the max length for a 0-2” lift on my 1.5” EVO leveling kit. They are within the +-5 degrees as per JKS instructions but I would like them a little longer. I’m going to contact JKS on Monday and see what they say or can do for me.

JKbrick

Your right it’s not the camera angle, they are at the max length for a 0-2” lift on my 1.5” EVO leveling kit. They are within the +-5 degrees as per JKS instructions but I would like them a little longer. I’m going to contact JKS on Monday and see what they say or can do for me.

If you go to their site and look at those sway bar links you can click on a parts list and see which part it is that makes them longer. Their parts are pretty reasonable if they won’t help you out

Rst8rox

Rst8rox, looks badass. What diff covers are those and do they come in a sterling 10.5 [emoji848]

Just had my tires pulled off the wheels, the stupid beads sucked out from the previous owner, and rebalanced. But that seems to have fixed my awful steering wobble.

Thanks IEatMud!! It’s a Sterling... with a shave kit/cover from ballistic. So far it seems to be made/installed/welded well. The ground clearance gain is incredible.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I was thinking the same thing. If the sway bar is angled down, it could cause a problem with binding when at full droop

If you go to their site and look at those sway bar links you can click on a parts list and see which part it is that makes them longer. Their parts are pretty reasonable if they won’t help you out

Those are quick disconnects,if you don’t have a Rubicon you most likely bought them to disconnect on the trail. I doubt it will cause problems on the street, you won’t be flexing your Jeep out that much at the mall 🤪

Bear_JT

Hooked
Those are quick disconnects,if you don’t have a Rubicon you most likely bought them to disconnect on the trail. I doubt it will cause problems on the street, you won’t be flexing your Jeep out that much at the mall 🤪

Lol! This is true and mine is a sport, but you never know when there is going to be a tall curb. Lol thanks for your insight.

jdofmemi

I got a Evo antenna mount, doorless mirrors, and finally some stickers.

Now I need to fix the speed sensor issue. Got a Mopar replacement connector to install and see if that fixes it.

I haven't seen an end like this one before, do I need anything special to hook it up to an antenna?

Attachments

• IMG_20180609_195820_mini.jpg
    IMG_20180609_195820_mini.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 226
  • MVIMG_20180609_215418_mini.jpg
    MVIMG_20180609_215418_mini.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_20180609_220009_mini.jpg
    IMG_20180609_220009_mini.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 210

Bear_JT

Hooked
I got a Evo antenna mount, doorless mirrors, and finally some stickers.

Now I need to fix the speed sensor issue. Got a Mopar replacement connector to install and see if that fixes it.

I haven't seen an end like this one before, do I need anything special to hook it up to an antenna?

That coaxial looks like the Firestik Firering. All you have to do to connect it is run a bolt into the antenna stud. There is a specific connection for it.

rmilobrown

JKU Rear Seat Delete!

I used 3/4" plywood with a unistrut frame. I applied moisture barrier foam mat under the black auto carpet. I fabricated the frame to use the seat bolt holes. It's super strong, I'm stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_172524129.jpg
    IMG_20180610_172524129.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20180610_172610575.jpg
    IMG_20180610_172610575.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 184
Top Bottom