What was done to your rig this week?

maskale

I cut my B pillars off.

IMG-0916.jpg

IMG-0968.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Really curious about the b pillar cuts. I was thinking at first maybe you are doing the half cuts like genright does but didnt expect the whole thing to be gone.

maskale

So the rockers are full of foam?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well shit. No going back now huh.

What in the?! Don’t you kinda need those?

Was there drugs and/or alcohol involved in this project? Or were you just trying to get plywood sheets home from the hardware store?

I cut out 14", the foam goes 3-6" beyond what you see on both sides, it also goes about 18" up the pillar. There is also foam at the A, C and D pillar.

Ya you need them, unless you go with a full cage.

Fully committed, cut both sides off.

100% sober project.

I think it will be cool to be doorless with no B pillar, they will bolt back in. I searched, cant find anyone else that's done it. GenRight does a half pillar delete.

IMG-0921.jpg

maskale

Really curious about the b pillar cuts. I was thinking at first maybe you are doing the half cuts like genright does but didnt expect the whole thing to be gone.

I can do a write up in the JK write ups section if interested in the whole process.

WJCO

Meme King
I cut out 14", the foam goes 3-6" beyond what you see on both sides, it also goes about 18" up the pillar. There is also foam at the A, C and D pillar.

Ya you need them, unless you go with a full cage.

Fully committed, cut both sides off.

100% sober project.

I think it will be cool to be doorless with no B pillar, they will bolt back in. I searched, cant find anyone else that's done it. GenRight does a half pillar delete.

I assume you've already found that that foam is flammable as fuck. Be careful welding.

maskale

I assume you've already found that that foam is flammable as fuck. Be careful welding.

:eek:

Yes yes, I learned. Also it and the seam sealer smell very bad when burning. Before welding I soaked it down with the hose, then let air run though it over night to dry it back out.

IMG-0948.jpg

IMG-0949.jpg

maskale

As I love to see stuff like this, yeah why not share the full process for us.

I’d watch that write up, what will your doors close against and hinge on?

The pillar will bolt back in, it will function like it use to.

write up started here. Im 95% done with it, so give me a few to get it posted and you can see it all.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...r-removable-on-a-4-door?p=1107360#post1107360

45caljeep

I put in the advance adapters transfer case cable linkages ... I’m happy the I got rid of the plastic bushings ... but ... I was exited and thought I was going to have supper smooth shifts and easy in and out gear ... and it shifts clunky no improvement over stock except the plastic bushings are gone ... SUCKS

Top Bottom