What was done to your rig this week?

rubiDave

Finally finished the ball joint, gusset, front axle shaft install. It was easy after welding in the gussets..haha. Drives much much better. I think they had been getting sloppy for awhile now. It only took early stages of death wobble to get my attention. The steering is a little tight but I expect that to loosen up after a few hundred miles.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Did the Autozone ball joint press have all of the adapters you needed?

jesse3638

Hooked
Did the Autozone ball joint press have all of the adapters you needed?
Yeah it's their master kit or something like that (23 pieces). It's also a lot cheaper. However rental tools can be in rough shape. The press I got had been used without the screw press end installed so the threads were messed up, had been beaten on with a hammer, and it looked like some one was working with it on the beach. Had to take a file and disk sander to it to fix the threads and the hex head so a socket could fit on it. I also had to blow the sand off of every piece I needed..haha. My dad always taught me to return things in the same or better condition than when I received it.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Huge thanks to @rubidave for lending a garage and a helping hand today . Mounted and installed 37s on machetes . Some photos .

IMG_1355.JPG

5 37s fit but just barely

IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1362.JPG

Took 3 people to set the bead . 1 standing on the rim and 2 jumping on the tire .

IMG_1363.JPG

Had to cut studs on TF tire carrier .. thanks to Dave for lending a hand with air tools

IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1367.JPG

Also let me flex out on his driveway wall . Need to trim both front bumper and rear wheel well for clearance at flex. Sawzall party this weekend

Grateful to Dave and the Wayalife community for help installing . Took 3 of us a leisurely 6 hours of work to get this done!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ruvicon

Huge thanks to @rubidave for lending a garage and a helping hand today . Mounted and installed 37s on machetes . Some photos .

View attachment 321130

View attachment 321131
View attachment 321132
View attachment 321133

Took 3 people to set the bead . 1 standing on the rim and 2 jumping on the tire .

View attachment 321134

Had to cut studs on TF tire carrier .. thanks to Dave for lending a hand with air tools

View attachment 321135
View attachment 321136
View attachment 321137

Also let me flex out on his driveway wall . Need to trim both front bumper and rear wheel well for clearance at flex. Sawzall party this weekend

Grateful to Dave and the Wayalife community for help installing . Took 3 of us a leisurely 6 hours of work to get this done!

Your Jeep is looking good!

rubiDave

View attachment 321130

View attachment 321131
View attachment 321132
View attachment 321133

View attachment 321134

View attachment 321135
View attachment 321136
View attachment 321137

Glad you made it home safe.

Yeah, the 6 hours was pretty leisurely considering the bullshitting, beer drinking, lunch and trip to auto parts store for a second torque wrench. Cutting the studs on your tire carrier was unexpected, but not too bad a job. All in all I had a fun day.

I think you may need to add some more bumpstop too even after trimming the bumper and pinch seam. It looks pretty close to me.

Here's a few more pics..
20190216_132426.jpg
20190216_132632.jpg
20190216_171504.jpg
20190216_171515.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiDave

Yeah it's their master kit or something like that (23 pieces). It's also a lot cheaper. However rental tools can be in rough shape. The press I got had been used without the screw press end installed so the threads were messed up, had been beaten on with a hammer, and it looked like some one was working with it on the beach. Had to take a file and disk sander to it to fix the threads and the hex head so a socket could fit on it. I also had to blow the sand off of every piece I needed..haha. My dad always taught me to return things in the same or better condition than when I received it.

OK thanks. I looked at the kit at O Reilly's and it didn't have many adapters, so I can see how it might be a problem. I'll try autozone when it's time to do mine.

jdofmemi

Looks good!

Great of Dave to help out like that.

Looks like the bumper needs to become a shorty, or get sold and a real shorty added.

jesse3638

Hooked
Huge thanks to @rubidave for lending a garage and a helping hand today . Mounted and installed 37s on machetes.

Awesome. They look good. Glad you were able to install them yourself with she help.
OK thanks. I looked at the kit at O Reilly's and it didn't have many adapters, so I can see how it might be a problem. I'll try autozone when it's time to do mine.

That's the one I started with and yeah it didn't work. The auto zone near medid not have the kit when I called and was lazy so I didn't drive to a different location which I should have in the first place. Now to wait to the ball joints to loosen up. They are tight right now and the jeep drives better but the steering feels really strange because they are sticky.

rubiDave

Awesome. They look good. Glad you were able to install them yourself with she help.

That's the one I started with and yeah it didn't work. The auto zone near medid not have the kit when I called and was lazy so I didn't drive to a different location which I should have in the first place. Now to wait to the ball joints to loosen up. They are tight right now and the jeep drives better but the steering feels really strange because they are sticky.

Maybe you should take a ride out to Slash X for lunch. If that dont work maybe a few raps with a BFH.

Gbint

I’ll be working on a flip up clutch pedal extension 2” for my 4’11” wife. It’ll just flip down when she needs it. I build these often for people of short stature. Pics to follow.

Top Bottom