What was done to your rig this week?

JES

20190207_150355.jpg

Although, the Cobra 75 did the job, I found this little compact unit and wanted to give it a try. And when paired with their antenna, they warranty it for 5 years.

jesse3638

Hooked
Just wanted to post a follow up to the symergy ball joint replacement. After nearly 600 miles on them the Jeep's steering feels about normal again. When new they were really sticky and I felt like I was chasing it all over as they didn't self center very well. I also feel my old ones had been worn out for about 10k miles but didn't realize it. I can hit bumps and potholes at speed and my steering wheel stays solid whereas before it would shimmy, vibrate, and have significant road feed back. Now to deal with the airbag light...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Halfbroseph

Picked up a set of 37/13.50 coopers for a steal so the 35in trails got dismounted and the coopers mounted up

Attachments

• 5FDE08AF-68B2-426D-9012-C42C9B867FCE.jpg
    5FDE08AF-68B2-426D-9012-C42C9B867FCE.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 135

rmilobrown

Just wanted to post a follow up to the symergy ball joint replacement. After nearly 600 miles on them the Jeep's steering feels about normal again. When new they were really sticky and I felt like I was chasing it all over as they didn't self center very well. I also feel my old ones had been worn out for about 10k miles but didn't realize it. I can hit bumps and potholes at speed and my steering wheel stays solid whereas before it would shimmy, vibrate, and have significant road feed back. Now to deal with the airbag light...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the update! I take it you didn't have any leaks after the axle replacement?

JES

I would be interested hearing your review after install and use. I’m in the market so any info is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I have it installed with only limited use. I'll note I replaced my firestick with a President "Iowa" RW antenna, which paired up nice. It was apparent it was pre-tuned out of the box as the SWR was spot on for the CB band. Noticeably more range and clarity. The automatic squelch feature actually works quite well too. And for the size this radio, it is packed full of features.

I currently have the unit sandwiched between the passenger seat and console. Probably not the best spot if you xmit at a high duty cycle due to heat, but it's working for me. With it's small size, you have many options for mounting.

I'm happy so far and have already recommended it to my BIL. I know there are many options out there and modding 10m radios to 11m is popular with increased wattage is popular too. This is a FCC approved radio so don't expect miracles in range as it still is a 5watt radio. I believe in a cb radio the antenna is key. On last note, I did get right at 5watts of FWD power on my PWR/SWR meter when I was checking tune on the antenna.

Top Bottom