What was done to your rig this week?

Army_Vet

Banned
I am trying to figure out why my passenger airbag light won't go out. Comes off and on. Checked what I could and have come up dry. Someone suggested replacing the clockspring. I would like to confirm its the problem before spending $200+ on a new one.

Doubt if the clock spring would bother the passenger airbag.... maybe; but the passenger seat has a weight sensor that works in conjunction with the seatbelt sensor. One of them would be my best guess..... That is if the airbag itself is fine

Serg5000

Doubt if the clock spring would bother the passenger airbag.... maybe; but the passenger seat has a weight sensor that works in conjunction with the seatbelt sensor. One of them would be my best guess..... That is if the airbag itself is fine

Ok maybe I'm wrong. The light is coming on in the center of the dash. All it is, is a figure of a person with a seatbelt on and an airbag. In red. Not sure if it's the passenger or driver. This is on an 08.

NAUJK

Ok maybe I'm wrong. The light is coming on in the center of the dash. All it is, is a figure of a person with a seatbelt on and an airbag. In red. Not sure if it's the passenger or driver. This is on an 08.

My 09 and my brothers 07 are doing the exact samething... I haven't bothered to fix it yet (have larger problems at the moment). My guess was a sensor somewhere but I dunno I just play louder music so I don't hear it beeping at me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ridge Rider

Got tired of loosing small things behind the dashboard so I filled the gap with small diameter gray foam pipe insulation tubing. I did take a razor and cut about 1/4 of the diameter away so it would fit with out much force. Isn't too obnoxious looking either!

Attachments

• jeep dash gap filler 1080a.jpg
    jeep dash gap filler 1080a.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 303
  • jeep dash gap filler 1081a.jpg
    jeep dash gap filler 1081a.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 303
  • jeep dash gap filler 1082a.jpg
    jeep dash gap filler 1082a.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 302

mikefishes

Got tired of loosing small things behind the dashboard so I filled the gap with small diameter gray foam pipe insulation tubing. I did take a razor and cut about 1/4 of the diameter away so it would fit with out much force. Isn't too obnoxious looking either!

Smart! The 16 tire gauges that I have lost back there wouldn't sound like a rattling box of nuts and bolts if I'd have thought of that!

Moochie

Does it come on and off with a chime? When you are turning? Driving straight, goes off? It's usually the clock spring or possibly a bad wire connection under the passenger seat.

Panda

A new ps rear bumper & tire swing for panda! Lots of work to install & wallet still hurts but worth it I think, works really nice! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385501402.301856.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385501447.918635.jpg

KPM171

A new ps rear bumper & tire swing for panda! Lots of work to install & wallet still hurts but worth it I think, works really nice! View attachment 57966
That's a damn fine lookin' bumper. :thumb: My condolences to your wallet.

Are the lights in the bumper recovery lights on a switch or are you running them as back up lights?

Panda

That's a damn fine lookin' bumper. :thumb: My condolences to your wallet.

Are the lights in the bumper recovery lights on a switch or are you running them as back up lights?

I plan on having them on a switch for when ever needed hopefully I won't hafta use them for evil.. Bay Area tailgaters lol

Top Bottom