What was done to your rig this week?

New CB Installed today

I finally bit the bullet and put in a new radio today. I went with the Uniden Bearcat 980SSB which is a pretty nice package for the price. Out of the box it's supposed to range out to 40miles, but I'll believe that when I see it. Either way it beats the heck out of the old Cobra C75. Tuning the new antenna took a bit of trial and error and finding a location to mount it that won't be too visible to the neighborhood hoodlums was interesting.

IMG_0722.jpg

I finally bit the bullet and put in a new radio today. I went with the Uniden Bearcat 980SSB which is a pretty nice package for the price. Out of the box it's supposed to range out to 40miles, but I'll believe that when I see it. Either way it beats the heck out of the old Cobra C75. Tuning the new antenna took a bit of trial and error and finding a location to mount it that won't be too visible to the neighborhood hoodlums was interesting.

View attachment 61116

I don't think there is a huge market for stolen CBs but I don't know, maybe you live on the other side of the tracks :)

Looks good J. Did you mount it on top of your cage with a bracket or some good ol Velcro?

I don't think there is a huge market for stolen CBs but I don't know, maybe you live on the other side of the tracks :)

Looks good J. Did you mount it on top of your cage with a bracket or some good ol Velcro?

It's mounted on the cage with the bracket and some really good self-tapping screws. The idiots in my neighborhood would take the plants out of our yard just to annoy us. Anything is a target, they steal just to steal.

Started installing the Synergy steel grab handles. Finished passenger side. Tomorrow will do the drivers side. Great location and feel, but what a PITA to install.

Will post pics when finished.

Thanks H8MUD, I like it better too; although I didn't mind the no fender flare look. The holes needed to be covered/filled in lol I' proud of how it came out :)

Dual battery's on the jk. And started playing find the heater core on the grand.
eju4egus.jpg
y2ubysyt.jpg

Installed my Or-Fab bumper and Zeon 10-S

1387695929719.jpg
I ran the wires just have to hook them up and spool the line. I have Led fogs on the way.

It's mounted on the cage with the bracket and some really good self-tapping screws. The idiots in my neighborhood would take the plants out of our yard just to annoy us. Anything is a target, they steal just to steal.

I feel your pain on that one. I used to have a CB antenna with magnetic mount, and someone cut the wire and stole the antenna and 1/2 the wire while parked in the driveway at my parents house... stolen just to be a douche... because its pretty useless without the connector that goes in the radio!

Top Bottom