What was done to your rig this week?

Winch for my wench :shock::yup:

IMG_20140711_151139551.jpg

I have the same bumper... Is that a warn M8000? Looks good! What did you use for a fairlead mount? The ps one?

Yes the fairlead/hawse mount is the Poison Spyder one. I also purchased a PS hawse, but liked the warn one better once I had the two in hand. It has a better lead in for angles pulls. (Which I know shouldn't be done, but we all know it happens.) I also sandwiched a WP license plate bracket as I have been warned twice about no front plate. IT all worked okay but now I'm tryin' to figure out where to hook the hook. I was going to use a Factor 55 Flat Link but there isn't room. Where I have it now will never cut it on the trail.

is that a lift I see:thumb:

It is, good eye. I LOVE it. It is the best Jeep mod I have made. It has also made me pretty popular with the local club. (I've installed 5 lifts this year.) It's okay though as my Job has turned more to the carpet walking side and I enjoy getting grease under my nails :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes the fairlead/hawse mount is the Poison Spyder one. I also purchased a PS hawse, but liked the warn one better once I had the two in hand. It has a better lead in for angles pulls. (Which I know shouldn't be done, but we all know it happens.) I also sandwiched a WP license plate bracket as I have been warned twice about no front plate. IT all worked okay but now I'm tryin' to figure out where to hook the hook. I was going to use a Factor 55 Flat Link but there isn't room. Where I have it now will never cut it on the trail.

maybe drill into your bumper and mount it that way. just bend your plate to go with the curve?

JKbrick

You could get a word with an "O" in it and drill it out with a hole saw for a pro link to stick through!!

maybe drill into your bumper and mount it that way. just bend your plate to go with the curve?

I wish I could bend it, that would make it much easier. The local sheriffs around me could give too hoots if I even run the plate, but the yuppieville cops where my family lives have nothing better to do. The last time I was warned I was informed that if the front plate is obstructed in anyway, or bent at an angle other than 90' to the road it would be considered insufficient. :crazyeyes::crazyeyes: This is the main reason I got he WP mount.... It can be removed easily for trail use.

I've been trying to find a strap or mount to hook the hook to the winch hoop but haven't found one yet...

Thanks for the idea and help though :thumb::beer:

maxcustody

I wish I could bend it, that would make it much easier. The local sheriffs around me could give too hoots if I even run the plate, but the yuppieville cops where my family lives have nothing better to do. The last time I was warned I was informed that if the front plate is obstructed in anyway, or bent at an angle other than 90' to the road it would be considered insufficient. :crazyeyes::crazyeyes: This is the main reason I got he WP mount.... It can be removed easily for trail use.

I've been trying to find a strap or mount to hook the hook to the winch hoop but haven't found one yet...

Looks great, what bumper is it? Thanks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

wow that sucks! well it was worth a shot at least. maybe ziptie it to your grill down low behind the winch so its still somewhat visible?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Maybe a different license plate mount. Not sure how much space is between the aev mount or even maybe the maximus 3 mount, I think the maximus might have more room because they made it to fit over their hook mount.
I have the flat link and evo mount and it fit perfect, but it's for a off set winch

wow that sucks! well it was worth a shot at least. maybe ziptie it to your grill down low behind the winch so its still somewhat visible?

Maybe a different license plate mount. Not sure how much space is between the aev mount or even maybe the maximus 3 mount, I think the maximus might have more room because they made it to fit over their hook mount.
I have the flat link and evo mount and it fit perfect, but it's for a off set winch

Mnn! Thanks for the ideas and info guys :thumb::thumb::thumb:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Here is the maximus set up. Might work? Good luck

Attachments

• 1405112345154.jpg
    1405112345154.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 375
  • 1405112353836.jpg
    1405112353836.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 377

Manvan

Started with a used xrc bumper. Cleaned it up and sprayed it with Upol to match my grill. Then I mounted a Smittybilt 9.5 xrc winch. Also used the AEV plate mount. Also mounted a pair of Rigged daullies . 1405125587115.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1405125639081.jpg
    1405125639081.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:

BIGTARS

Made my own contraption to take the top off
pety4ame.jpg

qumy8abe.jpg

Looks good nekkid
zy4a6ute.jpg