What winch is everyone running?

20jk08

Re:

Warn m8000, pulled a beer truck "uphill" to get him unstuck, straight pull...no free beer though......:mad:

snopro

Banned
ChrisB said:
I love my powerplant, I would buy it again, however it does not work very good with power tools. I have the tank. It works for the initial hit, which may work to loosen a really tight bolt. But its not something you can run powertools from.

There's a valving kit you need to buy to help you out on your tank and also how large is your aux tank that you have connected.
www.offroadengineering.com

snopro

Banned
Indefatigable said:
No.

Simple reason, the motor spins the compressor when operating the winch. It needs to be unrestricted discharge during winching operation.

Its an either-or situation.

This is what the WARN rep told me years ago when the winch first came out. They were dealing with failures as the compressor chuck was left hooked up during winch operation (the air chuck was plugged in to keep junk out of the receiver).

Maybe something has been changed since?

the Yes answer would be if you used the powerplant to charge a tank and then disconnect the powerplant from the tank.

www.offroadengineering.com

BONDSY

I run the Warn 9.5ti. (9.5cti now ?) I've moved trees off the trail, winched myself off of rocks, I think it's the power plant platform, just without the compressor. It is powerful enough to pull a heavy Jeep when a snatch block is used. I use synthetic winch-line and haven't been disappointed yet. I had a MileMarker and it failed me after a year. :grayno:
Lots of people I know run the Power Plant and I wish I would have save up a little more to get one. But for now I'm happy.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I run the Warn 9.5ti. (9.5cti now ?) I've moved trees off the trail, winched myself off of rocks, I think it's the power plant platform, just without the compressor. It is powerful enough to pull a heavy Jeep when a snatch block is used. I use synthetic winch-line and haven't been disappointed yet. I had a MileMarker and it failed me after a year. :grayno:
Lots of people I know run the Power Plant and I wish I would have save up a little more to get one. But for now I'm happy.

As far as I know your correct, same motor and gearing as the powerplant. The new Cti just has the powerplant like case.

zeddjb

I run a Warn 9.5Ti and for the most part it's pretty good. 9.5k lb. capacity, but I opted to trade out the steel cable with synthetic line that has a 10ton breaking capacity; not for the strength mind you, but for the simple fact that steel cable will break and when it does, it can be devastating. I didn't want to risk that happening to me.

Also, see images attached of my steel cable that was wrapped on top of itself and cause the cable to thread out a bit. That lowers the strength of the cable.
Also see attached images of the synthetic line on my old '09 Jeep. I upgraded to a 2012 but didn't swap out the line yet; I have had it on there for two years now. I just love the stuff.

_MG_5265.jpg _MG_5266.jpg _MG_5441.jpg _MG_5442.jpg

I hope these pictures help ya out a bit.

Nicholas

Recently got a warn VR 10000

Attachments

• image-519726436.jpg
    image-519726436.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 69
  • image-319428737.jpg
    image-319428737.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 73

SOBX

Smittybilt XRC8 comp on a Smittybilt bumper. Works great, the synthetic rope it light and safe.

harathor

I have the warn m-8000, have used it on my toyota for 4 years, minor break user error not the winch. Now it is fixed syntetic line on my jeep and it still works great. Pulled a scout of of mud when he trans stuck in gear and also pulled a 1 ton out of the snow. Gets the job done well for me.

Top Bottom