What's In the Box?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Sway bar actuator, but that wouldn't be electro mechanical. Air horn?

Bingo!

You win the prize. It is a self-contained air horn, Screaming Banshee.

This sort of concept has been around for sometime, designed for the tight constraints of motorcycles. What makes Screaming Banshee notable is its control module.
The control allows you to configure what it does.
Screaming Banshee.jpg
By default, you can do a beep-beep to get someone's attention, such as someone not moving after the light turns green. If you hold it for 1.5 seconds, then the full air horn kicks in around a 140 db. By default it sounds in pulses RRRR-RRRR....

Tied into your headlights, it will cause your high beams to flash in conjunction with the horn pulses, making it clear which vehicle (MINE) is blowing its horns. Useful, because sometimes its not always easy to tell who is blowing their horn.

I took a slightly different path. Instead of tying into the Jeep's headlight circuit, I ordered a 6" light bar that will flash instead. Hope to get it installed this weekend.

You'll note a discrepancy between my stating 140 db, the packaging saying 123 db. They've been inconsistent in their marketing material. I also have a Gen-I version (horn and compressor were separated) that they said was 139 db. So figure, just plain loud<g>.

Attachments

• Screaming Banshee.jpg
    Screaming Banshee.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Please tell us you work for them or at least a vendor. Sounds like a sales pitch to me.

And theres not much difference between 123 and 140db on a logarithmic scale, lol :hmm:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bingo!

You win the prize. It is a self-contained air horn, Screaming Banshee.

This sort of concept has been around for sometime, designed for the tight constraints of motorcycles. What makes Screaming Banshee notable is its control module.
The control allows you to configure what it does.
View attachment 239497
By default, you can do a beep-beep to get someone's attention, such as someone not moving after the light turns green. If you hold it for 1.5 seconds, then the full air horn kicks in around a 140 db. By default it sounds in pulses RRRR-RRRR....

Tied into your headlights, it will cause your high beams to flash in conjunction with the horn pulses, making it clear which vehicle (MINE) is blowing its horns. Useful, because sometimes its not always easy to tell who is blowing their horn.

I took a slightly different path. Instead of tying into the Jeep's headlight circuit, I ordered a 6" light bar that will flash instead. Hope to get it installed this weekend.

You'll note a discrepancy between my stating 140 db, the packaging saying 123 db. They've been inconsistent in their marketing material. I also have a Gen-I version (horn and compressor were separated) that they said was 139 db. So figure, just plain loud<g>.

Some sales pitch. Do you work for them?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Please tell us you work for them or at least a vendor. Sounds like a sales pitch to me.

And theres not much difference between 123 and 140db on a logarithmic scale, lol :hmm:

Actually, there's a significant difference. Basically for every 10 db gain, the sound is roughly twice as loud. So I actually expected folks to ding me on the various db values. Was surprised folks thought I worked for them. Should dumb it down a bit next time ;).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Actually, there's a significant difference. Basically for every 10 db gain, the sound is roughly twice as loud. So I actually expected folks to ding me on the various db values. Was surprised folks thought I worked for them. Should dumb it down a bit next time ;).

It's not an unusual occurrence for companies to try and hide to pimp a product. Your post came off very pitchy (pun intended) is all

WJCO

Meme King
I may have to do an air horn one of these days. I love watching the YouTube videos, lol.

zimm

Caught the Bug

I was joking. And having a led bar tied into a horn sounds just as dumb.

gheller

Good thread.
I had been thinking of something better than the stock horn, it's my least favorite part of the JK.
I didn't want to go all out with a tank and compressor and prefer something with a direct drive compressor like what you got. That's good and loud but I was interested in a deeper tone.
HornBlasters and Kleinn both have units with direct drive and separate trumpet horns that are quite loud and should fit easily.
Plan to rig them up to my TrailRockers and a momentary switch on the A Pillar

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom