What's the smoothest lift out there?

JakeJK

Say I were to get the jk 2.5 stock mod system from rock krawler, would I then get to choose any shocks I want? Or is it designed to run factory shocks I don't see how that would work

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Say I were to get the jk 2.5 stock mod system from rock krawler, would I then get to choose any shocks I want? Or is it designed to run factory shocks I don't see how that would work

Yeah, that's a very incomplete kit. No caster correction and subpar rear track bar bracket. No bump stops. Your going to have to spend the money if you want your jeep driving good.

Yeah, that's a very incomplete kit. No caster correction and subpar rear track bar bracket. No bump stops. Your going to have to spend the money if you want your jeep driving good.

Olrams right. So we know you wanna run 35s, but whats your upgrade buget? There are several routes you can go, all at different costs. Knowing what you plan to spend will help us all steer you in the right direction.

NV375

I'm fairly new to this stuff what all would I need in order to lift my jeep? I can't imagine it's easy as new shocks and coils would it be worth the money to buy a full kit then replace the coils? Or rather buy all the parts piece by piece until I have everything I need
Thanks
If budget is real tight go BB and good shocks or enjoy what you have.

Buy quality from the start. You can actually buy most the parts for the enforcer separately. Springs in pairs front and rear, rear RCC, front drag link flip, rear bumpstop extensions, front bumpstop extensions, front LCAs, rear swaybar links, shocks of your choice and I chose brake lines instead of relocation brackets. I bought the parts I could afford every few weeks. Price was about a wash over the kit and I did not have to replace poor quality parts because I was in a hurry. The hardest part of going this way was seeing all the parts in the garage waiting for time to accumulate everything and install it.

I can't imagine that there is a better lift out there that is also as simple as the EVO Enforcer.

Here's what you'll need.

1) Enforcer with 3" plush ride springs and shocks of your choice. 2.5" shocks will require EVO shock relocation mounts to avoid damaging the shocks.
I have 3" coils and the Kings for 2.5" lift in the rear because I have the Rockstars and the longer shocks would have let my coils unseat. In the front I have the Kings for 3+ lift.
2) EVO draglink flip kit.
3) New front drive shaft if you're lifting a 4-door. New rear as well if lifting a 2-door.
4) Some way to achieve adequate backspacing for your tires be that spacers or new wheels.
5) Trimming of the pinch seams/rock rails for tire clearance when stuffed.
6) Trimming of the plastic guard under the front bumper if you're going to keep the stock one. Otherwise your tires will rub when you are turning or stuffed.

It doesn't get much simpler than that. One thing that isn't needed but you should really consider is C-gussets as well with your larger tires.

eta: When I say that there aren't better lifts out there than the Enforcer, I mean at this level of simplicity.
This pretty much describes my current setup. I have had 2 JKUs and now my fourth and favorite suspension so far. The only reason I will change this is if someone gave me a DTD. The Enforcer has what is needed no gimmicks or junk.
Okay sweet, thanks for all the info, any ball park range on cost of you guys equipment plus tires and or wheels after its all said and done? Looking at 35s

Go northridge4x4.com sign up if you have not already and start placing parts in your wishlist. Don't get in a hurry and cut corners. Keep reading and asking questions here. You will figure out what is most needed and how to get there. The most important thing is to enjoy what you have. Find good people to go out with and have good times.

Last edited:

JakeJK

Olrams right. So we know you wanna run 35s, but whats your upgrade buget? There are several routes you can go, all at different costs. Knowing what you plan to spend will help us all steer you in the right direction.

Well I'm a college student so I'm not bathing in money but I've got a little bit to spare if I can't run 35s for under 1000-1200 for the lift by itself id be fine with running smaller, something a little bigger than a 33 like a 33.6 or one of those odd sizes

Well I'm a college student so I'm not bathing in money but I've got a little bit to spare if I can't run 35s for under 1000-1200 for the lift by itself id be fine with running smaller, something a little bigger than a 33 like a 33.6 or one of those odd sizes

You can run 35s for less than 1k on the kit, but it should probably be something like a budget boost. Especially if you plan on going bigger down the road. A 3" EVO enforcer setup is gonna be around the 1500 ballpark, depending on what you do about shocks. Are you planning on staying w 35s? If so you can find a 2" kit that wont involve modifying much else.

trailless

Caught the Bug

You can run a 2.5" budget boost, spring spacers, bump stops, extended brake lines or a brake line extender and shock extenders. While it's not ideal, it'll ride identical to stock and allow you to fit 35's under your Jeep. :thumb:

toxicwaste29

I did the rk 2.5 stock mod since I'm in college. It's an okay lift to get by with but it isn't complete enough so you'll be adding parts quite often to make up for what it is missing.

seanb123

I did the rk 2.5 stock mod since I'm in college. It's an okay lift to get by with but it isn't complete enough so you'll be adding parts quite often to make up for what it is missing.

I was in the same boat did the stock mod with 35s and haven't needed any other parts. I could add arms to fix the caster but it hasn't bothered me.

moorecb3

Spot on. I have the springs on a 2 door. Olram is right.

Same here I got a good 3.5 maybe a little bit more in the front since I do not have heavy bumpers and sliders yet. My front driveshaft is already starting to wear because of it and will have to be replaced soon.

07JKSahara

And this is for the rock krawler lift or is it for any lift?

I'd say almost any. They are marketed for 4 Drs and even then they usually account for winches/bumpers/armor. So you will most likely net more out of a lift, especially on a two dr.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'd say almost any. They are marketed for 4 Drs and even then they usually account for winches/bumpers/armor. So you will most likely net more out of a lift, especially on a two dr.

Yeah, I agree. Every jeep weights different. The only way to get exactly 2.5" is with spacers.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Preferably id do the work myself a friend of mine has a lift in his garage and he said that he'd let me use it, hopefully to save a bit of money haha

Just my 2 cents. I got 35s with spacers on with a Budget Boost 2.5" lift, Bilsteins, and trimmed my fenders. I did the gears and c gussets and installed all but the gussets myself with write ups from Project JK.com and am very happy. No driveshaft change needed and was done in a weekend. Parts cost me ~$4000 (lift, tires, gears, gussets, shocks) installed all my lift components myself and had ORE do the gears and gussets. I've since done wheels to eliminate spacers, but the rest was super easy. My ride is very capable and a great DD since I kept factory springs and such. I'm saving to upgrade to EVO DTD bc it will be my toy for ever but for now I'm very happy with my setup and my wallet is happy too 😄👍

JakeJK

Awesome thanks for all the good info guys I'll keep researching and saving money until I can get some of the things yall have suggested now at least I've got a little base knowledge about lifts and what I can run and stuff :D

JakeJK

By the way guys went with the RK 2.5 from northridge with bilstein 5100s hope i spent my money well

Top Bottom