What's Your EDC

Jackal01

Seriously though, no insurance company is going to cover some crazy dude so that'd be the gatekeeper right there.

I don't know if I have a better solution but I disagree with you. Who is to determine a person is mentally unfit for firearm possession? What is the benchmark? The line in the sand. What mental diseases are good enough for possession and which ones aren't? Who will oversee the ones making those decisions? Can there be any appeals process? How often is the "patient" evaluated to determine if they are getting better? Way too much power for a person or group of persons to decide. There is already too much regulation for firearms in many states and that is unconstitutional however I don't know how to fix that either because as a whole I don't agree with the federal government on pretty much anything. I will say I am moderately happy with Texas but we have a ways to go to be better.

WJCO

Meme King
I don't know if I have a better solution but I disagree with you. Who is to determine a person is mentally unfit for firearm possession? What is the benchmark? The line in the sand. What mental diseases are good enough for possession and which ones aren't? Who will oversee the ones making those decisions? Can there be any appeals process? How often is the "patient" evaluated to determine if they are getting better? Way too much power for a person or group of persons to decide. There is already too much regulation for firearms in many states and that is unconstitutional however I don't know how to fix that either because as a whole I don't agree with the federal government on pretty much anything. I will say I am moderately happy with Texas but we have a ways to go to be better.

Definitely agreed, it's a touchy issue for those who truly shouldn't be carrying a gun (dangerous, unreasonable people) but as soon as you have a government making that call, then it can easily turn into tyranny. I know two people with felonies that can never own a gun based on that label and neither felony had anything to do with violence toward another person and it was years ago for both of them. They just have the label now. Just an example.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Seems to me guns should be regulated somewhat like cars. Anyone can get one if you meet a certain age, pass a basic proficiency test, and have insurance that covers you or someone else when something bad happens.

Have insurance? Lol so I can shoot and kill one of your family members and you'll be fine if I have "insurance for when something bad happens?"

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They can have cars and guns but need to be forcibly moved to a deserted island where they can drive around hitting and shooting one another until there's nothing left.

Seriously though, no insurance company is going to cover some crazy dude so that'd be the gatekeeper right there.

That guy who shot up the movie theater in Colorado bought his guns legally and wasn't classified as crazy until after he blasted a few holes in people.

Jackal01

Prime example of too many [stupid] rules is that for our Texas Exodus trip in a couple days I cannot take one of my NFA toys because the BATFE wants a form filled out for each destination and stop along the trip outside of Texas . If I don't have it listed and approved it is "illegal" even though each state I am going to, on the state level, is good with what I would be brining.

TrailHunter

Hooked
It's hard to debate for sure. And there are far too many different laws & regulations across the states & counties... It needs to be simplified.... I'm one that thinks training & screening, if implemented correctly, could minimize guns in the hands of the "unqualified". But you can never stop the "Crazies" from doing what they want....Laws or no laws. And as long as Bat Shit Crazy Assholes roam this planet, We should be able to "make the effort" to protect ourselves in a responsible way. It's our Right.

sinawalli

Surprised how many of you carry guns everyday. Up here if you get caught carrying a handgun anywhere in Canada (unless carrying a restricted license and strictly going to and from a range) you get severe jail time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Unless you're a criminal, then it's just catch and release!
Must say, I am quite jealous of all the folks who get to EDC a handgun!!

J

JKDream

Unless you're a criminal, then it's just catch and release!
Must say, I am quite jealous of all the folks who get to EDC a handgun!!

Assuming you're referring to Canada that's actually incorrect. One of the things you learn in the restricted firearm course is if you are caught with a restricted weapon outside of the guidelines it's a minimum of three years in jail for the first offence.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Not to start a debate here but doesn't that kind of freak you out? I would be weirded out walking down the street knowing people are carrying handguns all over the place. Just for reference I'm a gun owner as well.

Why fear people with guns? makes no sense to me... If shit hits the fan and you need help, you are going to call the police, right? then what? just ask the situation to wait 30-50 minutes for the "law Enforcement personnel" to arrive because.... well... they HAVE GUNS!?! :thinking: the closest person with a gun when you need help most likely, ISN'T a cop... that doesn't mean he/she isn't going to do the right thing...

Last edited:

Jackal01

Lol he says "not to start a debate" yet brings up a topic to fire people up. And now won't respond to legimate questions or concerns.

Top Bottom