Wheeling Australia

Bigjimbo

I started running the infamous google searches on where to go on wheeling in Australia and well, most look like touristy drive over a speed bump and splash some mud on the fenders. I remember seeing some Aussies here and was wondering if you (or anyone) had suggestions on where to go? We will be up and down the the gold coast, with a few other things to cross off our list but have the ability to get 2 days of wheeling in.

So.. Is there a Moab/Rubicon equivalent down under?

Thanks for any pointers!

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Mate I'm on the Northside of Brisbane so know the area reasonably well. Your best options from the GC would be one of the off road parks like swan gully or scenic rim adventure park.

If you want to be a bit more adventurous you could come over my side of town and check out glasshouse. Officially called beerburrum state Forrest it is an enormous area of pine forest that is Criss crossed with 4x4 tracks with big climbs, steep descents and bottomless mud holes. The big name tracks are little red, big red, the canyon, ball bearing, Ho Chi Minh and Hennessy hill.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
We have a lot of epic destinations/trails like the telegraph track through cape York, the border ranges in SA, the Victorian high country or the Simpson desert but they don't focus on the trail when they promote them and there is always a bypass so the trip can appear mundane

Bigjimbo

We have a lot of epic destinations/trails like the telegraph track through cape York, the border ranges in SA, the Victorian high country or the Simpson desert but they don't focus on the trail when they promote them and there is always a bypass so the trip can appear mundane

Thanks for these suggestions! Cape York looks like an amazing trip, we just won't have the time to do it. I'll see if I work in time to hit glasshouse.

Top Bottom