When Commifornia Senator Feinstein can't do it...Obama can!

Tekel

We don't have to worry about BLM and Feds around here right now. Corporations own a massive percentage of our lands and the lands they don't own, they own the mineral rights. They have done a superior job of gating of every trail.

holliewood61

Meanwhile out here in WV Senate bill 485 just passed making it easier for trail systems to be developed. Time to move east my friends.

I hate to see the government overreach it's bounds. They are protecting the natural beauty of the state from off roaders? That I can say is bull shit. If things out there are the way they are here, the majority of the the preservation and up keep of the land is done by off road clubs. Proposals like this also hurt the communities around these areas. I don't believe there is ever enough thought to the way these decisions trickle down.

Tekel

Meanwhile out here in WV Senate bill 485 just passed making it easier for trail systems to be developed. Time to move east my friends.

I hate to see the government overreach it's bounds. They are protecting the natural beauty of the state from off roaders? That I can say is bull shit. If things out there are the way they are here, the majority of the the preservation and up keep of the land is done by off road clubs. Proposals like this also hurt the communities around these areas. I don't believe there is ever enough thought to the way these decisions trickle down.

Except even the trail system in your sig got closed down because the new corporate ownership revoked their lease. So much land around here is becoming pay to play or blocked off because of trash trashing it up. (From Beckley).

I wonder how long SWISS will remain open. Even a lot of its trails are getting closed.

EDIT: Don't want to derail this one any more with another rabbit hole post but info below is all great news! Thanks! ((PS, PM me if you get any sort of timeline on work, i'm actually selling my XJ right now and won't be trailing my JKU on anything more than rough forest service roads for at least a year, but would love to help with some trail cleanup/maintenance))

Last edited:

holliewood61

We are actually working on clearing more trail at swiss and hmt bear wallow is opening to us this spring. Ivy branch reopening isnt off the table at this point either.

crowrb29

Is this going to affect burns canyon and all of the little Spurs that run off of it between Big Bear and Pioneer town. Look at the "Sand to Snow" map it looked like it ran through that area?

Top Bottom