When does oil consumption become an issue

JakeJK

You can be whatever. Without proper knowledge, you'll be ass out for not checking the level after
it's been changed. You need to verify proper level EVERY TIME before you can say the engine is using oil.
Starting with an UNKNOWN quantity and claiming it's using oil is a fools game. It's your responsibility
to know what's being done and if it's being done properly. NEVER ASSUME they are setting the level to
the proper reading on the stick. That's not something you leave to anyone, even if you're paying for a service.

It's my bet you're taking it to a chain store for service. They have high school kids working on your car and most
have no clue what they're doing. Your vehicle is a learning platform and who knows what they could or could not
be filling the crankcase level to ???? Check for yourself and avoid the dumbshit wild goose chase. Know for sure
before you start wasting time and money for nothing......:doh:

Yep this is true, I bring it to a well respected Auto and tire shop and bring 6 quarts. Next time I'll check after they fill it and I'll also wait the 3 or so hours to make sure it's all in the pan.

Thanks

highoctane

Caught the Bug
My '08 JK used right at 1 quart per 1k miles when using teh factory spec 5w20 oil. I switched to 10w30 and it dropped to about a 1/2 to 3/4 every 1k miles. Ran problem free other than that. I sold it with 80k miles on it. It burned oil for about half of those miles. Just keep it full. I checked mine every time I put gas in the Jeep.

Top Bottom