When you left the lot, what'd you pay?

Pursesnatcher

All great feedback! Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be holding off until the Fall to see if prices go down as well.

I'm hoping I can get in the 28-30k range! Fingers crossed

geberhard

Douchebag
Found in December 2016 Sport 4 door (soft top) Silver new off the lot for $25K plus tax, and fees. I debated getting it, but went with a used Rubi instead. I think I would not pay much more than that for a new JK. This is in the California Bay Area where things are not exactly cheap :)

DNTTRD

2012 JKU Sport S with 30000 miles, bought on Black Friday of 2013, was listed at $34k, got them down to $28k after my beater trade in and a little more talking.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Just bought my 16 JKU Sport w/Auto Tranny and 4" Mopar Lift for $29,500. They also trasfered over my wheels, tires, cb, apillar switch pod, apillar LED lights, shift knobs from my trade in JK.

LearJeff

Not sure if this helps for the comparison you are making but I purchased my 2016 JK Rubicon Hardrock for $46,500 including all taxes and fees. Purchased here in the San Francisco Bay Area but..even still...it seemed a little steep. Fortunately I love it otherwise I'd be having some serious buyers remorse!

jkwebbie

2012 with 10,000 miles on it for 23k back when I got it in August of 2014. Never been off road or anything, plus it was 6 speed and the rare Gecko Green color.

Attachments

• 1470702610608.jpg
    1470702610608.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 170

RUBEERCON

2015 bought in 2015. Silver Rubicon with every option minus hard rock stuff. 410, heated seats, saddle tan interior alpine, etc.
46k with 2200 dealers wife miles. Had all the stuff i wanted and I wanted it that day otherwise I might have done better. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470703487.288144.jpg

davantalus

$37k out the door for a new 2013 JKUR in March 2013
Manual / Hard top / Fabric / Crappy stereo / Seat heaters / Bluetooth

TRAVERSER

$37k out the door for a new 2013 JKUR in March 2013
Manual / Hard top / Fabric / Crappy stereo / Seat heaters / Bluetooth

Almost exactly three years later and $500 more is what I paid for my almost exact 2016 JKUR(minus heated seats, plus upgrade stereo).

shin0bi1

Out the door 2012 JKUR auto for 40,800. I thought I got a decent deal on it because this was the last brand new 2012 made and 2013 were rolling out to the dealerships in the same month. I walked away two times and they were willing to negotiate with me on the 3rd visit. It was such a stressful ordeal that I will never buy from that dealership again. When I see you guys got it for 39k out the door, it just makes me wish that I did walk away and spend my money elsewhere! lol

I think the best time to get JKs is the month the new models come out and you don't mind a brand new year before model.

Jim G

In mid-July 2016 I paid right $44k pre TTL and $47.3k after TTL for my 2016 Rubi jku with all the Xtra ie. Auto Trans, Alpine, headliners, 3pc Hard Top, 4.10 gears, heated seats, tow package, Navi etc etc..

Last edited:

Pursesnatcher

Found in December 2016 Sport 4 door (soft top) Silver new off the lot for $25K plus tax, and fees. I debated getting it, but went with a used Rubi instead. I think I would not pay much more than that for a new JK. This is in the California Bay Area where things are not exactly cheap :)

Interesting, that Sport sounded like a great deal. How'd you end up doing with the Rubi?

Just bought my 16 JKU Sport w/Auto Tranny and 4" Mopar Lift for $29,500. They also trasfered over my wheels, tires, cb, apillar switch pod, apillar LED lights, shift knobs from my trade in JK.

Wow! '16 JKU and a Mopar lift?! That's a great deal man, definitely encouraging as I'm starting to lean more towards new - it's seeming like there is so much more wiggle room for negotiating.

Almost exactly three years later and $500 more is what I paid for my almost exact 2016 JKUR(minus heated seats, plus upgrade stereo).

Crazy how these vehicles hold their value so well - thanks for sharing!

Out the door 2012 JKUR auto for 40,800. I thought I got a decent deal on it because this was the last brand new 2012 made and 2013 were rolling out to the dealerships in the same month. I walked away two times and they were willing to negotiate with me on the 3rd visit. It was such a stressful ordeal that I will never buy from that dealership again. When I see you guys got it for 39k out the door, it just makes me wish that I did walk away and spend my money elsewhere! lol

I think the best time to get JKs is the month the new models come out and you don't mind a brand new year before model.

I can relate - I've been in and out of a dealership that sounds like the same environment you were in...I'm slowly leaning toward one about 45 mins away that I've heard good things about for this reason.

In mid-July 2016 I paid right $44k pre TTL and $47.3k after TTL for my 2016 Rubi jku with all the Xtra ie. Auto Trans, Alpine, headliners, 3pc Hard Top, 4.10 gears, heated seats, tow package, Navi etc etc..

Good to hear - sounds about where they've been in my area (Greater Nashville) as well, but sounds pretty fair considering you've picked up something that is pretty much fully loaded! Enjoy it, man!

I feel like this is such useful information! I may start a spreadsheet tracking this stuff, maybe divide it out to different areas!

Anyone like to contribute? I'll be sending PM's to maybe get more specifics!

eazy

Two months ago I ordered a 2016 Unlimited Sport S (power everything, manual transmission) with these options: 3.73 gears, limited slip differential, premium soft top, connectivity group, Sirius, and front side airbags for $32,849 before tax, tag, and fees. $35,902 out the door. Should be here next week!

Top Bottom