Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

Ldogg

Had some fun with the boy this weekend up in the local mountains and a great place called Garden of the Gods. He is really enjoying wheeling with me, now I just need to hurry up and get the lift and tires so I can tackle some more trails!

Nice! Looks like gold camp. Check out phantom canyon. It's a nice ride between victor and penrose, and has 2 tunnels, and great canyon wall views. It's mild, and should be nice once the leaves start changing. Also check out mt. Herman out to rampart, then from rampart down 22 to woodland park.

DJKU09

Took me to happy hour and dinner with my mom and dad. Good times

Attachments

• 1379123946201.jpg
    1379123946201.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 1379123959458.jpg
    1379123959458.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 1379123970727.jpg
    1379123970727.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 257

firecrew1

Nice! Hiking trails to get to the falls or can you drive there?

From the way i went in you can drive to about 1/4 mile from the falls. im going back soon from another side to get closer. if it works it should be about a 1 min walk. they were pretty sweet the water fall is 80+ feet. and there are bathtub formations in the rocks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
From the way i went in you can drive to about 1/4 mile from the falls. im going back soon from another side to get closer. if it works it should be about a 1 min walk. they were pretty sweet the water fall is 80+ feet. and there are bathtub formations in the rocks

Nice! There is a waterfall like that out here but it's a 2.5 miles hike to get to it and then that same out.

Serg5000

Last Saturday my girl and I went for a drive up on Angeles crest hwy 2.
We did some hiking up above the ski lifts and found a Hollywood sign.
pasa2u3e.jpg

After a great morning of hiking and just spending time with each other stress free. It was about 11:00 am when we figure we should go home and see what our daughter was up to. Once on the road I was having one hell of a time with my ABS kicking on and off all the time. So up ahead I see a turn out on my left. I thought I should pull over and see if I can find anything obviously wrong. I slowed down to about five mph hit my turn signal and start my left turn. Mind you the short straight away I was turning off of came just after a sharp curve. As I was in the middle of my left turn. This fella on an Yamaha R1 plows into me on the driver side just behind the front wheel. I had no doors or top on at the time. The impact was fricking loud as hell. The rider ended up smashing his leg between my rock sliders and his bike. I jumped out and attended his injuries while my girl ran down the road in search of cell signal. We were not hurt but the rider is pretty F'd up. He will be in the hospital for about a month. That's just an estimate. Here are some pics.
4ageru7u.jpg
e6e7ure7.jpg
u2ytu2ep.jpg
adu2a9eg.jpg
y8ynuqy4.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Last Saturday my girl and I went for a drive up on Angeles crest hwy 2.
We did some hiking up above the ski lifts and found a Hollywood sign.
pasa2u3e.jpg

After a great morning of hiking and just spending time with each other stress free. It was about 11:00 am when we figure we should go home and see what our daughter was up to. Once on the road I was having one hell of a time with my ABS kicking on and off all the time. So up ahead I see a turn out on my left. I thought I should pull over and see if I can find anything obviously wrong. I slowed down to about five mph hit my turn signal and start my left turn. Mind you the short straight away I was turning off of came just after a sharp curve. As I was in the middle of my left turn. This fella on an Yamaha R1 plows into me on the driver side just behind the front wheel. I had no doors or top on at the time. The impact was fricking loud as hell. The rider ended up smashing his leg between my rock sliders and his bike. I jumped out and attended his injuries while my girl ran down the road in search of cell signal. We were not hurt but the rider is pretty F'd up. He will be in the hospital for about a month. That's just an estimate. Here are some pics.
4ageru7u.jpg
e6e7ure7.jpg
u2ytu2ep.jpg
adu2a9eg.jpg
y8ynuqy4.jpg

Damn that sucks! Glad you guys were ok.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow Serg. Glad you guys aren't hurt. That coulda been ugly, especially doorless depending on how much into the turn you were in during impact.

Serg5000

Thanks fellas. It scared the shit out if us.

He had to have been flying. His bike is smoked. He did fly about 40 feet before he hit the ground. He did live. That's all that matters. We went to visit him in the hospital. He was thankful we didn't just leave him there.
We told him. Not a chance.

Moochie

Crazy guys on bikes who love to haul ass on mountain roads. I'm glad you guys are OK and that he's alive.

Brankz

To the bank, I refinance my rig.
As some of u know I over pay for my jk by a lots. Now I'm happy :) more $$ on my pocket.

Clark Griswold

Nowhere this week, at home recovering from hernia surgery. Spent too much time on this forum though, I have to figure out how to explain to the wife why I need all the new stuff to build up my rig. Lots of awesome rigs out there.:thumb:

Top Bottom