Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Spent the weekend volunteering with trail maintenance at Tigerton with my local 4x4 group. After the work was done:

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Don’t worry your going to have more time to go up there this fall. Our crazy ass Governor is probably gonna shut schools down after 2 weeks anyways. Lol

Nice pics!!

Some truth to that. Even if she doesn’t, our kids school has in their return to school Covid letter that if we leave the state, our kids need to remote learn for two weeks. This is putting a serious damper on my Windrock plans.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Went up Mauna Kea to check out some silverswords. Silverswords are a type of plant that is endemic to Hawaii. They only exist on Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and Haleakala on Maui. They can live from 15-50 years or so, and bloom only once. Once they bloom, the plant dies. It was severely threatened, almost to the point of extinction due to sheep, goats, and pigs that used to run wild during the ranch days. Now they have fenced off certain areas in an attempt to regrow them, among other plants such as the mamane, which certain birds depend on for survival. While I’ve been up Mauna Kea many times, I’ve never gone up this way before but it has some epic views. I went up to about 11,700 feet or so elevation. It looks like another planet up here.

62042144838__3D092DF0-EBEE-4F47-B734-ADC370558DC3.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg
IMG_0717.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Went up Mauna Kea to check out some silverswords. Silverswords are a type of plant that is endemic to Hawaii. They only exist on Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and Haleakala on Maui. They can live from 15-50 years or so, and bloom only once. Once they bloom, the plant dies. It was severely threatened, almost to the point of extinction due to sheep, goats, and pigs that used to run wild during the ranch days. Now they have fenced off certain areas in an attempt to regrow them, among other plants such as the mamane, which certain birds depend on for survival. While I’ve been up Mauna Kea many times, I’ve never gone up this way before but it has some epic views. I went up to about 11,700 feet or so elevation. It looks like another planet up here.

Very cool.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 352545
View attachment 352546
View attachment 352547
View attachment 352548
View attachment 352549

Awesome shots! Looks crazy up there. Like mars.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

View attachment 352545
View attachment 352546
View attachment 352547
View attachment 352548
View attachment 352549

That is a cool story and great pics. Your story reminded me of the Dennis the menace movie with Walter Matheau, he had a plant that only bloomed once, I remember him using chicklets for teeth and laughing a lot at that movie, man my kids were little then

wjtstudios

Hooked

View attachment 352545
View attachment 352546
View attachment 352547
View attachment 352548
View attachment 352549

Awesome pictures, your JT’s looking great!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

black pearl

Hooked

View attachment 352545
View attachment 352546
View attachment 352547
View attachment 352548
View attachment 352549

That looks like a great trip up!!
I remember seeing and reading about those plants when I was up there.

CalSgt

Hooked
Took a drive down to the Seneca mine, hard to tell how deep this canyon is in photos with all of the smoke

IMG_4420.jpg
IMG_4421.jpg
IMG_4432.jpg
IMG_4430.jpg

Found an old car at the base of the canyon in one spot... No way it was driven down
IMG_4416.jpg
IMG_4417.jpg

Top Bottom