Where to put my Hi-lift?

MrHooah04

I am curious with those of you who mount the Hi-Lift on the hood. Any concerns of the Hi-Lift becoming a projectile towards you in the event of a frontal collision? I have my mounted in the back.

I have thought about it..but it's legitimately secured and I've thrown a gun lock on it as well. It would take a lot to throw it off. Such is life though!

Schaef81

This is my hi lift setup. The rear bumper is a smittybilt classic rock crawler bumper. I found the hi lift jack mount from a vendor on eBay. Just search "Ultimate Hilift Jack Mount" and the vender should come up. Snagged it for 79.99

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444101404.163331.jpg

JKCRWLR

Inside at the top, rear portion of the roll bar.
Keeps the jack clean, dry and out of sight (when the roof is on).
The bar extending from the jack can hold an axe and shovel as well.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444120284.037077.jpg

CandAMudders

rear bumper hi-lift

Pretty solid mount fabed to fit rear bumper. It does impede the full opening of the rear door, but not by much. I only take it on trails in any case.

DSCF1334.jpg

rob_p

In my JKU is slides right under the rear seat a perfect fit.

No mounting bolts
Quick to install!
Quick to access!
No rust, no dirt

Only downside is that no one can see it!

hbkid22

I run mine on the hood as well. Would not have been my first choice initially but like it there. Does not get in the line of site as you would think. And does not take up inside room. I do however have a 2dr so not sure if I would change it with a 4dr tho.

2000TJDude

Mine is mounted behind the rear seat with a home-made fence post clamps with carriage bolts, washers, and wing nuts. I have an insta-trunk so it sits just above it but below the top of the rear seat. Stays out of site and inside the top in winter and I can still fold the top as well. :yup:

It clears it. It's more behind the roll bar and down a little. I've run one in the past. I'm not getting another high lift this go around. Just running a bottleneck jack. Saves on space and safer in my opinion. I've only used a highlight once while wheeling in 30 years. That was the only jack I had to change the tire

JKCRWLR

Do you think it would clear a soft top? It looks like it would but I feel like my soft top hugs that back roll bar pretty close so I'm back and forth!

Like Aspenkid says, it will. Here is a picture that someone posted illustrating the room between the jack and hardtop.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449335864.768798.jpg

If in doubt give Dominion Off-road a call.

Top Bottom