Which ARB compressor ?

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I only have experience with the ARB high output single CKMA12. As Doug mentioned it does come with the manifold and wiring for locker solenoids. I was originally going to buy the twin but in talking with Bubba at exodus he talked me out of it. He said you'll really only benefit from it if you're running 40's otherwise its hard to justify the cost. Its nearly double for everything you'll need. Not to mention using the EVO mount it tucks up nicely out of the way. That being said it airs up my 37's plenty fast for me. It takes around 2 and a half minutes to go from 12 to 25psi. Overall I've been happy with it and it's much better than my harbor freight high volume compressor I used to air up..haha. Here is a pic of my set up. View attachment 360023 View attachment 360024

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

This...from someone who has both.

If you want to air up faster, single with manifold for lockers under hood a powertank for tires. But with 37s or less, it’s definitely not “needed”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BattleAx09

Thanks for the thread merge and the responses. I have the EVO mount already so those pictures were especially helpful. While I'm in there replacing the compressor, does anyone recommend going with stainless steel air lines? Although I haven't located it yet, I'm fairly certain that I have a leak somewhere in the system. The compressor cycles on several times a minute with the air locker engaged. I had a shop do the install 2 years ago and I'm considering bringing it back in for them to take a look at. I'm just thinking if they give me a hard time maybe I'll just replace the compressor and go stainless at that point by myself.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the thread merge and the responses. I have the EVO mount already so those pictures were especially helpful. While I'm in there replacing the compressor, does anyone recommend going with stainless steel air lines? Although I haven't located it yet, I'm fairly certain that I have a leak somewhere in the system. The compressor cycles on several times a minute with the air locker engaged. I had a shop do the install 2 years ago and I'm considering bringing it back in for them to take a look at. I'm just thinking if they give me a hard time maybe I'll just replace the compressor and go stainless at that point by myself.

The evo plate works great. That's what I went with. Easy to install, no issues. Good luck! (I'm assuming stainless would be better but I do not have lockers at this time so no real clue).

jesse3638

Hooked
This is my first air locker. When I contacted Bubba about what I needed he sent me what I needed. Stainless was what he sent....haha. I'm sure the plastic air line will work just fine (semis use it for brake lines) you just have to pay attention to where you route them. Watch for areas that get hot, could chafe, or snag the hose. If I ran plastic I'd make sure to carry some quick connect fittings for trail repairs. I used to carry these with all different sizes of replacement air line on my engine.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

This...from someone who has both.

If you want to air up faster, single with manifold for lockers under hood a powertank for tires. But with 37s or less, it’s definitely not “needed”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

X2 on that. Exactly how I’m set up. I have run out of co2 before and the single is still capable of airing up a tire when needed. Nice to have a backup.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom