Which Jeep would you go with? 2 options...

Turbotastic

They're asking way too much for that 08. I got my 07 Sahara for $21k with 77k miles and it came with 1-ton axles, coilovers, and 41s. Keep looking. There are websites out there to find amazing deals on already built trucks/Jeeps (rockcrawlersforsale for example) if that's what you're looking for. Recently I've seen some 2012+ JKUs posted in the low $30s with 1-ton axles, 37s or 40s, etc.

Lloydsmale

personally think there both overpriced and would recommend you have a little patients and look around. I bought my 15 2 door willys last fall with 19k on it and like new for 27k out the door

desertrunner

I was just in the same boat like 6 months back and what I came up with was I wanted the lower miles newer motor more than I wanted the Rubicon stuff. I bought my 12 2 dr for 20.8k with 42000 miles and I think I overpaid a little on it but only because it was a gecko green 6 speed and I really wanted it haha. With that said I have sence put a Rubicon sway bar and transfer case in it and am currently saving up for new axles which could easily make it better than a stock Rubicon here soon and I have the new motor. Now the comment about in 2-3 years doing a LS swap yeah if you have that kinda money then just buy some salvage shell for 10G and strip it and not even bother with what engine or what miles or Rubicon or not it's all going to be replaced. But my vote if you are going to keep the motor go with a lower miles 12+ even if it's not a Rubicon you can find those parts fairly easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

lemoncadebay

29900 isn't a horrible price with the mods, BUT for the same price you can get a base model sport and build to your specs. I bought a brand new 2016 for 28k plus tax, through on a set of Rubi axles with 4.88 and 37's. With the lift and handling some of the work myself I'm into it for 6300 in mods, minus the parts I sold off. Plus I'm not having to fix someone else's mistakes to make it the way I want it. I was in the same boat when I bought mine, found a used one for around the same price. Call a dealership and ask, maybe you will be surprised.

I agree 100%. I bought mine with a few mods. I now regret that as I'm not keeping a single mod that I paid extra for. I wish I had bought new.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I'd go with the '13 with 50k miles. With proper maintenance that motor will last you well into the 200k range. Do you feel that you need the Rubicon parts? Depends on how you plan to wheel. If you do want the Rubi bits I'd save & buy new.

CarolinaJK

If you had to choose between the two, the '13 definitely seems like a better deal in my opinion. However, like others have mentioned, try expanding your search radius, as I'm sure there are better deals near by.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
To be honest, I would pass on BOTH of them. Why not look for a newer, 2012+ Rubicon? They are out there for around the 29k price tag that sport has. The 3.6 is a MUCH better engine (the 3.8 isn't bad, it's just... the 3.6 is better).

The BIGGEST reason I would pass on both of them, though, is that they are modified. You have no idea if a reputable shop did that work, or Cousin Eddie in his home garage. Not saying they are junk Jeeps, they look really nice. But, if I'm going to spend $20,000+ dollars on something, I want to know what's done to it, who did it, etc.

Good luck on whatever you do! :thumb:

Edit: No disrespect to you, Mr. Eddie Oh. "Cousin Eddie" was just the first name that came to mind :crazyeyes:

Devildog77

Ok guys... Thoughts.

2015 Rubicon, Auto, 50K miles, Leather interior, $38,998...

They won't budge on the price.

image-14.jpg

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
go as new as you can, if it's already lifted look underneath for trail damage, inspect the driveshafts, aftermarket? stock, inspect the boots, guests on the C's? adjustable control arms or alignment washers...
coils look straight? is there a tuner included if it's already had a gear swap....
Don't get distracted by it already having a lift. if the lift wasn't installed properly you're going to have expensive nickel&dime issues down the road.

austin160

If you are looking at Jeeps with 50k miles for 40k BUY A NEW ONE! The used Jeeps are that expensive because they hold their value. Jeep dealerships know what most people do to Jeeps i.e. lift, bigger tires, and off road. My local dealer has no problem doing warranty work on mine. They just will not touch the new axles, driveshafts, or suspension. Trans and engine are still covered. Listen to what everyone is saying, call your local dealership and get a price for a NEW Jeep or last year's model in the back of the lot.

Devildog77

The mileage isn't a huge concern for me. I work in the oilfield so my vehicle stays parked 6 months out of the year. MIGHT put 10-12K a year on a vehicle. I've managed to magically talk them down to $37,500 when I said that I'd continue looking around... LMAO... Looks like I'll seal the deal on this Rubi and see if I can take it off some sweet jumps!

Feeling good to (almost) be back in a Jeep!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I'm just going to leave this here...

Capture.PNG

EDIT: Btw, that is a brand new Jeep. It's just a 2016 model at my local dealership.

J

JKDream

Ok guys... Thoughts.

2015 Rubicon, Auto, 50K miles, Leather interior, $38,998...

They won't budge on the price.

View attachment 258006
You do realize you're paying ALOT for a used vehicle because it comes with a lift right? I don't understand why you wouldn't go new for the same price (if not less) and put a QUALITY lift on. Wranglers are a piece of cake to do work on, a lift with your buddies shouldn't take more than four or five hours in a driveway; and that's for someone who isn't mechanically inclined. We did a lift in a two door yesterday in an hour and a half.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
We were in a similar situation when we bought ours last year. We ultimately went with a older one 2011, with higher mileage that was much cheaper. If the motor goes, we'll swap it out. But by doing this it gave us some left over money for the mods my wife wanted. It's her Jeep and she was able to put everything on it that she wanted rather quickly after buying it. With that being said, it spends most of the time on the pavement.

Doug,

I love the fact and the way you respect you wife's wishes.

It is good to see pink compromise out there!!!!!!

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked
You do realize you're paying ALOT for a used vehicle because it comes with a lift right? I don't understand why you wouldn't go new for the same price (if not less) and put a QUALITY lift on. Wranglers are a piece of cake to do work on, a lift with your buddies shouldn't take more than four or five hours in a driveway; and that's for someone who isn't mechanically inclined. We did a lift in a two door yesterday in an hour and a half.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good opinion the way I see it however going back to actual question 2013 will be my go for!!!

Top Bottom