Whiskey of the Day

Curiosity got the best of me. I’ve been holding this store pick from Cask San Francisco for awhile. All this Eagle Rare talk got the gears turning and I couldn’t take it any longer. lol
IMG_7196.JPG .

What did you think?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fantastic!
IMG_7197.JPG .
IMG_7198.JPG .

I really like Eagle Rare. Super easy daily sipper. When I went into Cask and saw they had a barrel pick it was no brainer. Hard to describe differences other than it’s noticeable if you sat down with a pour of both.

I also have this old age stated single barrel but since it’s not Friday it will stay closed. Haha
One of these days I’ll pour myself a flight of all three different bottlings and pick them apart.
IMG_7199.JPG .

JAGS

Hooked
Old fashioned. Probably one of the best cocktails I've ever had. Nice restaurant in the hotel in Vegas.

Experimenting at home...

View attachment 280904

Not the same ingredients, but delicious!

Nice. I'm still trying to replicate cocktails I had in NO. Crazy good drinks as well as insane OFs.

I see no citrus oil (orange rind) in your pic. Don't forget that. [emoji6]

Nice. I'm still trying to replicate cocktails I had in NO. Crazy good drinks as well as insane OFs.

I see no citrus oil (orange rind) in your pic. Don't forget that. [emoji6]

Toats.

But the scrappy orange bitters comes through in a pinch if you don’t have a fresh orange rind.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Fantastic!
View attachment 280921 .
View attachment 280922 .

I really like Eagle Rare. Super easy daily sipper. When I went into Cask and saw they had a barrel pick it was no brainer. Hard to describe differences other than it’s noticeable if you sat down with a pour of both.

I also have this old age stated single barrel but since it’s not Friday it will stay closed. Haha
One of these days I’ll pour myself a flight of all three different bottlings and pick them apart.
View attachment 280927 .

Very cool. I find it hard not to use this as a "go to" whiskey. Reasonably priced and simply delicious. I cringe when I see people drinking hooch that costs a fair amount more and IMHO doesn't deliver. But that's what marketing is for right? :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you can get this I suggest picking up a bottle or two.

IMG_3779.jpg

WL Weller Special Reserve

Don't be fooled by the price. Total Wine keeps it off the shelf and limits it to one bottle per customer.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Let me know. I’m interested

Was it a drawing or was everything else gone already?

Should be here in a few weeks. Last year they got a shipment in and you could buy whatever they had left. This year it was on line presale only. Started at 9:00 and would run until sold out. I logged in at 9:00 and by 9:03 all that was left was 10 year. I literally watched bottles I wanted go to "sorry this item is no longer available." Crazy. They delayed the event because the first time they opened it up, the servers shut down. LOL

On a side note I picked up some amazing wine on preorder as well. [emoji106]

Top Bottom