Who Got You Into Jeepin?...

Flyboy88

My dad. Growing up, he had a 1946 CJ2a that he built. Dropped a Buick V6 in and put it on 33" Swampers, that thing would go anywhere.
My uncle actually has an amazing 10+ CJ2s laying around in various stages of ruin, but we've started rebuilding that '46.

Finally got my first real Jeep of my own last month when I traded my Liberty in on a TJ!

CloakedLJ

I guess you could say the motorhome mad me do it.

No one person got me in to jeepin' it was more a series of events that did. 4WD was a dirty word in my house. As my father would say "4wd just gets you stuck further and deeper in the bush."

My fascination with the Jeep comes from my childhood and my love for building military models. As I built more models and learned more history, it was a natural progression to learn about the story of the Jeep. My favorite WWII era Jeep was the one modified and used by the British SAS forces. The versatility of what the jeep could do and where it could go amazed me. Unknown to me at the time the seed had been planted.

sasjeep.jpg

As a kid I always thought it would be cool to own one of those surplus army surplus Jeeps in a crate you would see in the magazine adds.

jeep-in-a-crate.jpg

I recall seeing lots of cool jeeps on TV and in movies and was always left me with the same impression there was a feeling of freedom that came with owning a Jeep.
Then I saw the YJ Saraha for the first time in 1987 and fell in love with it. It looked so cool with a kind of military throw back color.

wrangler.jpg

In the late 80's early 90's I read an article, (can't remember what magazine it was) about the Rubicon trail Jeep jamboree. I must have read that article and looked at the pictures dozens of times. What an amazing event I thought, I have to do this one day.

Got distracted with muscle cars and drag racing, motorcycles, tunner cars, and family and practical cars. So I never did get around to buying a Jeep.
Then one day the (current) wife and I decided to purchase a motorhome as she was not in to motorcycles and we wanted something we could all enjoy together. In our rookie year of motorhome use and ownership we soon realized that we needed a vehicle to tow behind it. After coming to to the conclusion that none of our current cars could be flat towed and we did not want a trailer or tow dolly. I started the search for vehicles that can be flat towed and in my research I soon discovered that the perfect vehicle for that would be a Jeep! I purchased a new to me 2004 LJ. Although I did not tell the wife at the time, I had every intention of taking the Jeep off road.
Stock resize.jpg

As it is now.

1276444_863374770416741_2000777702_o.jpg

Holeshot

Banned
It all started because of my dad and my godfather, a few years after my birth. As soon as I was big enough to sit on the front seat, I was in the trails with him. Lot of good memories in that 73 CJ5. It has had a AMC 360ci. motor, SOA's and 33'' BFG's .. Unfortunately, he sold it when I was 11, so I couldn't enjoy the jeep life until I bought my own jeep at 21 y.o., which was a 97 tj 4ganger, hooya.

Today, My brother and I both own 2012 jk's, and my brother's GF also bought a 2013 jkur, my dad is going crazy, he misses his old CJ so much.

on this one, I'm the one on the right with my lil brother.
dad'sjeep.jpg

This is my dad going to his hunting camp on january 2nd, back in 1995.

And this is my godfather in a mud puddle. The little boy at the end is me!

And this is my brother and I jk's after I installed his 2" lift kit.
2013-07-30 20.06.30.jpg

Panda

It all started for me in 2001 when my brother bought a white H2 hummer & joined hummerX club & started wheeling the shit out of it he installed all the goodies in black, the black & white contrast looked awesome everybody called it "big Panda" in 2005 I bought a new dodge 4x4 lifted it & tried to hang with him when I realized the truck couldn't do it I decided I'm goin to get a jeep when the truck was paid for then I could do slick rock fordyce & other tough trails with him & he always pushed me.. Get the jeep lets go! Well on March 1st 2011 my beloved bro had a massive heart attack & didn't pull through we lost him.. It took me a couple years to recover but I decided I need to do what we loved to do together & the truck was useless so I decided It's time & went to my dealer just to look & there on top of this lil dirt hill at the dealer was panda in jeep form & the rest is history now I carry a lil ern with a lil of my bros ashes in my jeep & he wheels with me everywhere!
Big Panda ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385314135.808999.jpg my bros funeral ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385314248.115529.jpg me & bro the best times! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385314373.724727.jpg

David1tontj

It all started for me in 2001 when my brother bought a white H2 hummer & joined hummerX club & started wheeling the shit out of it he installed all the goodies in black, the black & white contrast looked awesome everybody called it "big Panda" in 2005 I bought a new dodge 4x4 lifted it & tried to hang with him when I realized the truck couldn't do it I decided I'm goin to get a jeep when the truck was paid for then I could do slick rock fordyce & other tough trails with him & he always pushed me.. Get the jeep lets go! Well on March 1st 2011 my beloved bro had a massive heart attack & didn't pull through we lost him.. It took me a couple years to recover but I decided I need to do what we loved to do together & the truck was useless so I decided It's time & went to my dealer just to look & there on top of this lil dirt hill at the dealer was panda in jeep form & the rest is history now I carry a lil ern with a lil of my bros ashes in my jeep & he wheels with me everywhere!

Sorry to hear about your brother. That does sound like destiny how you found your panda jeep! Thanks for sharing!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Panda

Sorry to hear about your brother. That does sound like destiny how you found your panda jeep! Thanks for sharing!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Thank you David! & thanks to all wayalife for bein my guides to Jeepin!

JeepFan

Hooked
My dad got me into Jeeps at a very young age...

Dads CJ6.jpg
My Dad CJ6 :thumb:

1966.jpg
Me! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1977 J10 Honcho.jpg
Me in 1979 with my 1977 J10 Honcho and 1968 AMC Javelin with a 401! Oh yea. :yup:

1985 CJ7.jpg
Me in 1986 with our 1985 CJ7 :crazyeyes::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2013.JPG
Today! :thumb:

It's a WAYALIFE! :yup:

Top Bottom