Who Has A Poison Spyder Body Mounted Tire Carrier?

HIlife

Still unsure if I am going to go with this carrier or the rock brawler ll bumper/carrier.
Wondering how this will handle if coming off a rock and landing on the tire/ carrier.

Spudcannons

Still unsure if I am going to go with this carrier or the rock brawler ll bumper/carrier.
Wondering how this will handle if coming off a rock and landing on the tire/ carrier.

If you are worried about that just get a piece of steal bar about a foot or so to fit in your hitch bend it up to 45* and you will not hit the tire carrier. But in my experience that would not be a big worry since a drop like that would be more likely to brake other stuff like you front axle or C's.

BigPrince

Just FYI I have a Rockbrawler II and in Moab a couple weeks ago came off a ledge drop hard on the bumper and tire and both came through with only cosmetic damage. It was enough to rattle my teeth pretty good.

dillard09

If you are worried about that just get a piece of steal bar about a foot or so to fit in your hitch bend it up to 45* and you will not hit the tire carrier. But in my experience that would not be a big worry since a drop like that would be more likely to brake other stuff like you front axle or C's.

I just seen something like that on craigslist the other day I guy was trying to sale. I'll see if I can find it again.

Spudcannons

I think Eddie may have put one on Rubicat, or maybe overlander's jk. I think I saw a picture of one on a dozer colored jk.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I made a few of them, but got annoyed when I needed to open the back so I think they are hiding in my landscape somewhere around the house

HIlife

Still have a little time before I order my rear bumper/ carrier set up so I'm looking to get more people's experiences with the body mounted. I really do like the look. As for the post about running 40s on it, I know Jeff Yurk (GrapplerJK) runs a 40, rotopax and jack on his PSC body mounted and wheels it hard. They seem pretty sturdy.

Top Bottom