Who is going to KOH 2014?

Sounds like they lost reverse as well as their winch cable which is why it was a struggle to get off that rock.

What's the peoples plan for tomorrow's race as far as what spectator points and best viewing of evo 1? This is my first time at KOH just curious what's y'all advice would be? Or if someone wouldn't mind me tagging along?

Guys, I am disappointed to say we timed out in EVOTJ. Here's a list of the carnage that held us back. -between start line and remote pit one, we lost reverse and did not know it until a few miles later at "Sandhill" but powered through with intentions of fixing at main pit. Fix turned out to be temporary and we lost reverse for good. (Finding new transmission builder soon) - left main pit and within a mile cut a rear tire. Had no spare, drove as far as we could to reach remote pit 2 (about 30 miles) on flat tire. Could not drive any further on "Aftershock". To many waterfalls. I walked about two miles to find a tire, with no luck from any of the other racers running an 8 lug pattern. By the time I walked back to Mel, karma had paid off and a friend (another racer) gave us his spare with only 8 race miles to go to remote pit two. Made it there, change tire out to our nittos. Left remote pit two, ruptured power steering hose. Fixed within 20 minutes. -"chocolate thunder", had no reverse gear. Winch line had melted from all the hard pulls on "aftershock". Broke winch line four times trying to recover the race car. Each time the winch line broke in a new spot and did not break at the knots I was tying. -made it to race mile 91 at "Upper Big Johnson" had 1 1/2hrs to go until we disqualified from timing out. Thought we could make it, but again no reverse gear left us severely high centered and we ate up our remaining time there. Moochie, drew@offroadevolution, Overlanderjk, and a few more crew came out well after dark to recover us. Sincere and deep thanks to those brothers! We owe you Off to bed now, have to be back at hammer town by 5:30am for 6am unlimited class start in EVO1. Thanks to all for their following along and support! You guys are awesome.

Edit: This is all fact, all other accounts from bystanders are inaccurate. I'm sitting next to Mel in the race cars, doing the dirty grunt work ;)

Last edited:
Guys, I am disappointed to say we timed out in EVOTJ. Here's a list of the carnage that held us back. -between start line and remote pit one, we lost reverse and did not know it until a few miles later at "Sandhill" but powered through with intentions of fixing at main pit. Fix turned out to be temporary and we lost reverse for good. (Finding new transmission builder soon) - left main pit and within a mile cut a rear tire. Had no spare, drove as far as we could to reach remote pit 2 (about 30 miles) on flat tire. Could not drive any further on "Aftershock". To many waterfalls. I walked about two miles to find a tire, with no luck from any of the other racers running an 8 lug pattern. By the time I walked back to Mel, karma had paid off and a friend (another racer) gave us his spare with only 8 race miles to go to remote pit two. Made it there, change tire out to our nittos. Left remote pit two, ruptured power steering hose. Fixed within 20 minutes. -"chocolate thunder", had no reverse gear. Winch line had melted from all the hard pulls on "aftershock". Broke winch line four times trying to recover the race car. Each time the winch line broke in a new spot and did not break at the knots I was tying. -made it to race mile 91 at "Upper Big Johnson" had 1 1/2hrs to go until we disqualified from timing out. Thought we could make it, but again no reverse gear left us severely high centered and we ate up our remaining time there. Moochie, drew@offroadevolution, Overlanderjk, and a few more crew came out well after dark to recover us. Sincere and deep thanks to those brothers! We owe you Off to bed now, have to be back at hammer town by 5:30am for 6am unlimited class start in EVO1. Thanks to all for their following along and support! You guys are awesome.

Edit: This is all fact, all other accounts from bystanders are inaccurate. I'm sitting next to Mel in the race cars, doing the dirty grunt work ;)

Hate that y'all timed out today, and best of luck tomorrow! Will be watching live feed via projector all day at school tomorrow, kids should like that :thumbup:

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom