Why I own a Jeep

Rocksalt

Clinically, you are spot on. I think it’s those moments when we are vulnerable that true bonds are made, regardless of the impractical issues that people argue about. Example: I’m taking a shower when a thief decides that would be a great time to break in my house. Rounding the corner of my kitchen, buck naked, two hands on the weapon, I see my dog with the biggest grin on her face. Broken pain of glass on the door, door unlocked, a little bit of blood on the floor, and drips on the patio. True bonding moment with my best friend!
Case in point, Jeepen with my bro’s, behind the leader/trail guide, he says this is one at a time and wait for his signal over the CB. Can’t see where he’s gone. Get the signal. Down into a creek and up the other side, climbing to a ridge and down. Two trails, both bad. Go left. My passenger, his 13 year old son, my dog, and me all utter “shit” at the same time. Headed down into a pit, very steep and long climb out the other side. Turn the front locker on, shift the auto to 2nd, over the radio, the guide says “you were supposed to go right”. No tracks out the other side today. Punch it and in we go. Mud flying, out of the pit we come, slowly. Working the steering; chunks of clay the size of hands and feet shooting out of the wheel wells, raining down on the hood and top. Inch by inch we move forward. Up we go. Back onto the main trail we claw. Breathe now. A little laugh. A few high fives. Trail guide laughing and shaking his head. Sounds of metal expansion, pings and tinks, steam rising from the freshly baked clay on the Jeep. All the work on the Jeep and the build succeeded. I love this Jeep! Till death do us part!

[emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rocksalt

Clinically, you are spot on. I think it’s those moments when we are vulnerable that true bonds are made, regardless of the impractical issues that people argue about. Example: I’m taking a shower when a thief decides that would be a great time to break in my house. Rounding the corner of my kitchen, buck naked, two hands on the weapon, I see my dog with the biggest grin on her face. Broken pain of glass on the door, door unlocked, a little bit of blood on the floor, and drips on the patio. True bonding moment with my best friend!
Case in point, Jeepen with my bro’s, behind the leader/trail guide, he says this is one at a time and wait for his signal over the CB. Can’t see where he’s gone. Get the signal. Down into a creek and up the other side, climbing to a ridge and down. Two trails, both bad. Go left. My passenger, his 13 year old son, my dog, and me all utter “shit” at the same time. Headed down into a pit, very steep and long climb out the other side. Turn the front locker on, shift the auto to 2nd, over the radio, the guide says “you were supposed to go right”. No tracks out the other side today. Punch it and in we go. Mud flying, out of the pit we come, slowly. Working the steering; chunks of clay the size of hands and feet shooting out of the wheel wells, raining down on the hood and top. Inch by inch we move forward. Up we go. Back onto the main trail we claw. Breathe now. A little laugh. A few high fives. Trail guide laughing and shaking his head. Sounds of metal expansion, pings and tinks, steam rising from the freshly baked clay on the Jeep. All the work on the Jeep and the build succeeded. I love this Jeep! Till death do us part!

well said, coop!

Rocksalt

coop.. what is meant by your reply "clinically"....

Recurve

I don't know, there's just something satisfying at being the top of the mountain in a Jeep an looking over the valley. Then climbing back down the trail you were on, head to the nearest gas station to take a break. I think then at that moment is when it hits me.
I look around at the people in Normal boring cars, regular trucks , suvs etc...
look back at my Jeep, wow this thing just had me up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere an now I'm down here back in civilization with everyone else.
I love my Jeep [emoji4]

Ddays

Hooked
Home page of Wayalife. Bottom right hand corner. I can't say it any better than Eddie:

"wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born."

To me, owning a Jeep means having no boundaries and I have yet to find the limit to where and what I can do in mine. These things are enabling devices. It is a lifestyle, and even more so, an attitude.

LOL, and who doesn't get a little bounce in their step when you park somewhere and turn around to check your Jeep out, be it stock or modified?

Adamw1212

Simply put is freedom. The freedom to go explore where ever you want, or the freedom feeling you get driving down the road with the top and doors off, and the freedom to customize my jeep how ever I want

Rocksalt

Home page of Wayalife. Bottom right hand corner. I can't say it any better than Eddie:

"wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born."

To me, owning a Jeep means having no boundaries and I have yet to find the limit to where and what I can do in mine. These things are enabling devices. It is a lifestyle, and even more so, an attitude.

LOL, and who doesn't get a little bounce in their step when you park somewhere and turn around to check your Jeep out, be it stock or modified?

yep

Top Bottom