Why is my Oil Pressure Not Coming Up After Oil Change?

Ddays

Hooked
I almost did the same damn thing. My 12 Durango has the 3.6 and I had a bunch of the filters for it. Figured great, only have to keep one style of filter on my shelf. After removing & throwing it in the trash I had to go back & dig it out when the wrong filter didn't seem to fit quite right. Hopefully you don't have any problems.

JeepDrum

Just out of curiosity, does the oil pressure just show up right in the dash with the EVIC on the newer JKs or were you using a diagnostic tool?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Just out of curiosity, does the oil pressure just show up right in the dash with the EVIC on the newer JKs or were you using a diagnostic tool?

Yes, it's under the vehicle info function, in the menu on the steering wheel.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
My 2016 shows oil pressure and other info on the dash.

That's pretty awesome. I didn't know they added that option.

Yes, it's under the vehicle info function, in the menu on the steering wheel.

Not all 2016's have this option. It depends on what kind of connectivity/radio package you get. Mine does not have those extra buttons to show your temperatures. I hear you can get the axle temperature information along with a slew of other bits of info with the upgraded option.

I guess for me, if the oil light is on, I just stop driving and figure out what the problem is. But it is pretty cool to have an actual figure.

Kilroy

Ya my buddy just bought a Sierra and it has it I thought it was a rubicon feature but like Nevada said may be an option only on Sierra and rubicon. the base well as I saw it did not have it on there.

notnalc68

You have to have the Menu button on the left of your steering wheel...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465662892.414637.jpg

Press it until, "Vehicle Info," shows up...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465662954.568878.jpg

Then use the down arrow...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465662988.374015.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465663001.840868.jpg

notnalc68

Update. I drove it around a little, this morning. Good oil pressure, no smoking, no noise from the engine. I guess it's okay.

notnalc68

Mine has always run 30 to 35 at idle. I watch it after oil changes. This is just the first time I've done it myself.

Top Bottom