Wife wants upgrades!!!

axeman628

Yea, my MW3 came with AEV front and rear bumpers a warn 9.5 cti, tera flex BB and 305-70-17 nitto terra grapplers, an airraid CAI and a fancy rear view mirror with reverse camera sunk into rear bumper. I think everything else is stock rubicon. I am happy with my town mpg really and will be heading to SLC next weekend so I can test the highway mpg. Honestly I am happy with evreything and plan to only make it worse with offroad upgrades down the road but since the wife wants upgrades that up the mpg I figured I'd research a little and see if I could make this a win/win situation. One that I'll wait and see on is a Tuner system for the 2012's 3.6L. I doubt that I will do headers and full exhaust system, at least until I require a high clearance setup. One thing that bugs me is the 1st owner did do alot but the dealer did not give me any breakdown of what was done so I have no idea if it was re-geared at all and what other small changes may have been done. Oh well break it and upgrade right?

Can't remember where I read and I don't know how true it is but I heard the general rule is a loss of about 1 mpg for each basic upgrade. Bumper + winch = -2 MPG. Really not sure how accurate that is but sounded good at the time. Tires I'm sure can count for more, so to get 15-19, I think you're doing pretty good. I'm basically stock (Tires,bumper at least) and I am around 16.5 average, mostly stop and go. I've seen it as high as 20 after some steady cruising, but it drops pretty quick. But I wouldn't have it any other way. :yup:

Is your number based on the computer or do you calculate it?

Guess I'm pretty lucky, the only thing my wife insisted on is a sweatshirt in the Jeep because she thinks "it might get a little chilly in the winter", said while running doorless. :clap2:

Kneece

Make sure you are not just by what the digital read out says you are getting in the way of MPG. Do it the old fashion way. Miles driven divided how many gallons you pumped into the Jeep.

Sent by Pony Express

Tranquillity

Well you can always check out the gearing "manually".

Can't the dealer contact the previous owner or something? Might save some trouble!

Good luck and grats for the jkur ! :rock:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is one of those things I just don't know, and why I plan on a flashpaq or something once we get a good one. The dealership really had no idea of what has all been done that isn't off the bat obvious.

Just check with a GPS or mile markers on the road. If its not correct your MPG's won't be accurate either.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Every time I see the title of this thread I can't help thinking that your Wife wants "upgrades" whether on you or herself not sure..??? lol :idontknow::cheesy:

Top Bottom