Will 4.75 backspacing clear on Jeep Wrangler with 37's

Kenney

I have a 2017 JKU with 3.5 Rubicon express super-flex short arm lift, DV8 flat fenders and stubby bumpers, Finally" I just ordered Toyo's RT 37x12.5x17 tires. I have Method wheels and pretty sure they are 4.75 Backspace according to their Web page. with that said Will I need wheel spacers (1.0 or 1.5) also next will be Gears (4.88 or 5.15)
Thanks and Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 14

desertrunner

had a set of 4.75 back space wheels on my old 08 with 37" KM2s and yeah they rubbed a little a full turn full bump but never had spacers on them and did just fine.
my 12 on the other hand it didnt work out so well. my coopers are 37x13.50 and those rubbed a ton with just a little more width, so i ran spacers with those until i got beadlocks.
my guess is Method says you "will need" spacers because 95% of the people buying them arent going to be wheeling them and god forbid it rubs anything and the common customer would complain.

Kenney

Thanks for the info and Merry Christmas. These are Toyo RT 37x12.5x17 They only measure a little bigger than 35, I think the Toyo MTs are closer to ture 37.
I couldn't find the ture tire size for these RTs but looking like no rubbing yet. Feel jipped not even close to 37. Happy trails

Attachments

• 20221225_112650.jpg
    20221225_112650.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info and Merry Christmas. These are Toyo RT 37x12.5x17 They only measure a little bigger than 35, I think the Toyo MTs are closer to ture 37.
I couldn't find the ture tire size for these RTs but looking like no rubbing yet. Feel jipped not even close to 37. Happy trails
No tire measures what is stated on the sidewall or at least, when mounted.

If you take the tire off, lay it flat, air it up to it's max psi and then measure from the center of the crown to center of the crown, you will get close to advertised size.

Top Bottom