Willys-Overland Build Thread

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Installed shorter bumpstops (1.25") and shock extensions up front. Gotta test the clearances yet but it's freakin cold and snowy for the first day of spring so it'll have to wait....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458515076.949864.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Good for you man! Too damn cold out today for me to do anything in the garage :icon_crazy:. We've been spoiled with the warmer weather lately...

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Got the back bumper back on today after the chop. Took an inch out of it. I wanted to initially do it for aesthetics but it ended up that the tires rubbed it anyway when stuffed.

Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459123038.937069.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459123062.568561.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
How did that happen? Seems too rig is still stock as far as the motor and emissions unless I missed something

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

State inspections blow up there. They check loads of shit like tire wear, ball joint wear, etc. So if you live in pa you have have to not only keep Al Gore happy, but a bunch of other bureaucrats too.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
How did that happen? Seems too rig is still stock as far as the motor and emissions unless I missed something

Well, the inspection this time was due to roof lights not being covered. Last year the tires stick out too far per 2 different inspection places. Oh well.

The emissions was a new one for me. I knew I had a recall that required a flash to the ecu so I returned the jeep to stock with my flashcal just so I didn't get locked out.

Apparently, that wipes everything out and it read that the Jeep's monitors hadn't ran.

IMG_1477689884.900138.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Our system here is so damn retarded. My cousin had his Jeep fail for the missing light covers too. Are you taking it to dealers or independents? Dealers are just about the worst for sticking to the minor details. I'm lucky as I'm friends with the owner of the garage I've been going to for 30 years. It really helps if you go to the same place year after year. He just rolled his eyes at me this past year when he saw my cut fenders.

Ddays

Hooked
State inspections blow up there. They check loads of shit like tire wear, ball joint wear, etc. So if you live in pa you have have to not only keep Al Gore happy, but a bunch of other bureaucrats too.

Its funny but sad that we have these. I really don't mind the vehicle inspection because most people never even check their oil let alone their brakes, so I can live with that. Its the emissions inspections I don't get. I mean I can understand back in the 70's when our air quality was atrocious, but now? WE DON'T MAKE ANYTHING HERE ANYMORE! There are only a couple working specialty mills but where I live there isn't shit anymore.

Draconianwinter

Well, the inspection this time was due to roof lights not being covered. Last year the tires stick out too far per 2 different inspection places. Oh well.

The emissions was a new one for me. I knew I had a recall that required a flash to the ecu so I returned the jeep to stock with my flashcal just so I didn't get locked out.

Apparently, that wipes everything out and it read that the Jeep's monitors hadn't ran.

View attachment 228683

Sorry but that's a bunch of bs. I understand things that could cause an accident, but seriously the lights were not covered? What a bad joke. Now I remember why I left that state before my xterra at the time needed one

Last edited:

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Our system here is so damn retarded. My cousin had his Jeep fail for the missing light covers too. Are you taking it to dealers or independents? Dealers are just about the worst for sticking to the minor details. I'm lucky as I'm friends with the owner of the garage I've been going to for 30 years. It really helps if you go to the same place year after year. He just rolled his eyes at me this past year when he saw my cut fenders.

Well, last year I started at Firestone. I knew it was a crap shoot since they're a chain but I figured, it's a 2015, theyll just pass it. Nope. Failed for lack of tire coverage. Which I was running 3.25" backspacing then.

So then I tried a local hotrod/custom car shop. Figured no problem, wrong. They wouldnt touch it either.

Ended up getting emissions here, then took it to "a guy" in my hometown for inspection. (I'm originally from Fayette County and they don't have emissions)

This year I'm running 4.75" backspacing so I figured it was worth another try. Didn't see the lights issue coming.

Ddays

Hooked
Well, last year I started at Firestone. I knew it was a crap shoot since they're a chain but I figured, it's a 2015, theyll just pass it. Nope. Failed for lack of tire coverage. Which I was running 3.25" backspacing then.

So then I tried a local hotrod/custom car shop. Figured no problem, wrong. They wouldnt touch it either.

Ended up getting emissions here, then took it to "a guy" in my hometown for inspection. (I'm originally from Fayette County and they don't have emissions)

This year I'm running 4.75" backspacing so I figured it was worth another try. Didn't see the lights issue coming.

So roadtrip to your buddies for the state inspection, put a hundred miles or so on it & take back for emission at the previous shop! :thumb:

Top Bottom