Winch opportunity

bradya1

I have a jeep unlimited and have been looking at winches. I just received the opportunity to get an 18,000 lb mile marker with synthetic rope brand new for $550. It's weights about 90lbs. I know it's over kill for a jeep but is it to heavy?

My bigger concern would be the current that it will draw. Usually more capacity means a bigger motor and thus, more current. At 18k, that is like running two (normal) winches at once.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a jeep unlimited and have been looking at winches. I just received the opportunity to get an 18,000 lb mile marker with synthetic rope brand new for $550. It's weights about 90lbs. I know it's over kill for a jeep but is it to heavy?

you sure it's mile marker? is it electric or hydraulic? how old?

bradya1

That's what I thought at first but he said it is a bigger than average winch and it weights around 90 pounds. I live close enough to go see it first. I'm just asking if it is what he says it is , is it worth it or if a9,000 lb warn would be better.

Exodus 4x4

That's what I thought at first but he said it is a bigger than average winch and it weights around 90 pounds. I live close enough to go see it first. I'm just asking if it is what he says it is , is it worth it or if a9,000 lb warn would be better.

I googled the model number in the picture and a few different ads from your area popped up. Looks like this persons been trying to unload it since mid summer maybe. Either way I think you're better off with a Warn.

bradya1

The winch draws 550 amps and has overload interrupt on cable to manage temp of cable and battery if doing a long pull. Im just torn because it's only $550 with a synthetic line. Or I could do a quadretec 9500i for $500 that's 30 lbs lighter. Does that much weight really matter?

Top Bottom