Winches

hawklee

SUCCESS!! Went for a little drive with the kids and figured I'd try one more time before calling it a night and it worked.

hawklee

I think I needed to run it a bit. I had it on earlier when trying but maybe not long enough?? Not 100% sure so I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyone else experienced this?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
That's strange. I'd run it periodically a few more times to make sure it's okay. Of course they'll warranty it, but I sure hate you had trouble, after we all vouched for Warn. :p

hawklee

worked again this morning, started her up, winch worked immediately...strange but good and ill probably try a few more times

hawklee

general winch question, just in case.......how would you manually roll in wire if it didnt work? the first time it didnt work i only had a bout 5 feet out so i wrapped around my stinger...what would you do if you had 50 feet out for example?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
If it failed with that much out you would probably be better off to remove the winch line at that point. If the solenoid failed and you had the proper tools to access the motor leads you could jump them with cables and reel it back in under power. (Only if the motor was ok and solenoid was the problem)

Rock Hunter

Rs9500

Hey guys, new to the WAYALIFE. I have any of you heard about the Rough Country RS9500? Runs about $300. Reviews online are 5 stars but how is the quality? Thoughts?

WJCO

Meme King
Haha. Thanks and Warn will be the way I go most likely. You just can't beat them! Clearly if you read this entire thread.

No matter how bad you want to save money, you don't want to be stuck in an area with no cell service and have a winch not work when you've put your confidence in it.

Rock Hunter

What came first the boy or the Jeep?

Welcome to WAL. Why don't you introduce yourself first?

Alright well I have been in the jeep community for about 3 years now. my first jeep was a 1997 TJ that I bought stock and lifted up and built for a fun daily driver. Then one night at a monthly jeep meeting at sonic. A fellow jeeper had his 2003 rubicon for sale I took it for a spin and he had me try out the lockers and everything. Well that was the end of that I have been hooked ever sense. I still have my original 97 jeep and also the 2003 rubi. I live in Nebraska so not much trails around here so we make trips monthly to Tuttle creek in Kansas, a place called the farm in Des Moines, IA, and in the summer we make trips to Colorado. That's just a little bit about how I got into the Jeep life.

Top Bottom