Wind noise need some good advice

SaskJeeps

My jeep on the highway is louder and more obnoxious than my ex. There is a constant whistle (coming in where the orange rag is) on the top right seal on the passenger side where the door meets the freedom panels. I tried to adjust the door, then I took it to dodge and they put in new seals. ALL TO NO AVAIL. I finally took it to a body shop and they pointed at the gaps on the windshield/A pillar saying it is uneven and too tight and needs serious work? They mentioned unwelding the fender? What do you guys think the problem is, can this be fixed easily/inexpensively? Thanks! Hope everyone is enjoy their last moments of summer.
a2f86685c85dd2ed49fad89efb1e11f2.jpg
f9141043731c7a21caf5534a00e44f0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Did you get this new or used? Did you even fold the window down? When you adjusted the door how did you do it?

New. I never folded the windshield down, but the bodyshop or dealer might of, hinges slid them up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Do you have a video of the noise in the cab?
Some wind noise is normal, you are driving a box on wheels after all.
I'd also check the seals on the hardtop before tweaking the door anymore.
The gap on yours from the photos in this thread, and the old thread look the same as mine.

** Another thought, perhaps you can move the mounting plate in the door jam slightly over?
Obviously don't drill new holes, but see if there's a bit of play on that mount.
That would help it close tighter onto the seal.

I had the same noise. I thought it was where the freedom panel was not going all the way down. I got some flat card stock, folded it a couple of times to make it latch down tight. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you've taken the freedom panels off make sure you installed them correctly with all the rubber in the right place, the latches installed in the correct order and most importantly cleaned the front rubber gasket before reinstalling. If you are using the two screws for the freedom top on the rear sound bar, make sure you are not over tightening them. Short of that, loosen up all the windshield bolts and retighten with someone pressing the top back toward the jeep to try to help get a better seal.

do you still have the 2 long screw/bolts that go on the rear of the tops? if so, make sure they're not too tight, better yet - remove them.

if you are using them and they are too tight they will cause the fronts of the top to lift.

Top Bottom